Compliment on recent improvements

beirne

进士
I just wanted to say how much I liked to recent improvements to Pleco. The first is the tie-in to Anki for flashcards. I use Anki for things beyond Chinese so I like to keep all my flashcards in one app. I wrote a script to get Wenlin entries into Anki on the Mac, but I'm more often looking up vocabulary in Pleco so it is real nice being able to drop the words right into Anki on the phone and tablet.

The other cool thing is the New Century Dictionary. I've already found a word that wasn't in the other dictionaries. The night before the dictionary came out, we had been discussing the concept of the "chick flick" at our meetup, but weren't quite sure how to say it. The next day I downloaded the NC dictionary and there it was. That was a good sign and I bought it right away.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thank you very much! Was very happy to see that API added to AnkiDroid to facilitate this (wish iOS had one too but that's not technically possible at the moment). And NEC is indeed a lucky dictionary, we were very fortunate they offered to license it to us.