Cannot Display Chinese Chars in Palm Desktop 4.1 / XP

This is a long running problem. I Cannot Display Chinese Chars in Palm Desktop.

Has anybody out there fixed this problem. My computer runs English XP, Palm Desktop version is 4.1.

All the fonts display correctly on my palm using CJKOS and other apps in XP (word, explorer) can display Chinese fonts - no problem.

Extensive searching threw up little except one comment that "Desktop 4.0 does not support double-byte fonts". Surely there must be a fix for this problem???

Any help greatly appreciated.

I have tried:-
Installing 4.1.2 desktop which is "Chinese" and I have seen work on Chinese XP
Installing an independent dasplay s/w (other than MS CJK Language Pak) such as Union Way (partial messy reult obtained)
Messing with the fonts in Windows - to no avail.

Pascoe

gandq

探花
simple answer:

go to this site: http://waterworld.com.hk
download the patch which is linked in the news from 23-juli-2001 and the problem is solved.

btw: the chinese os that you can find on that page is much better than cjkos in my opinion. it really should get some attention here. maybe i'll make a special post for it.

cheers,

jo

Mads

举人
Actually its not a problem with the Palm Desktop. You just have to install chinese in Windows XP, and then got to control panel and set the settings right.

Please make that post gandq.

Jim

榜眼
In XP once you have installed Chinese you need to go to control panel, then Regional and Language Options, the Advanced tab and under Language for non-unicide programs select Chinese PRC.

gandq

探花
my notebook runs taiwanese win xp, still the palm desktop could not display chinese charackters. the fix i posted above solved the problem immediately.

greetings,

jo.