Anybody using China Mobile M-zone SIM card in your treo?

Just checking to see if anyone is successfully using a China Mobile M-Zone SIM card in their Treo. My 650 just searches for network and then freezes. I've seen this posted in a few other places, but never a resolution. I'm running the current 1.20-LAP so I don't know what the problem is. I guess I'll just go pick up a China Unicom SIM and see if that works.

Well, I went to a China Unicom place today who oddly enough gave me a China Mobile "shenzhouxing" SIM which works just fine. So, I don't know what the problem was, but I'd suggest you stay away from the M-Zone SIMs if you have a 650.

yaygabe

this is a mismatch TREO650/Beijing M-ZONE

I couldn't get the M-zone BEIJING card to match with my T650. All other cards work. Some weird problem with certain types of simcards. Friends have confirmed, however MZONE in SHANGHAI works fine with T650. I tried it.

Other options are China Mobile's most casual plan with the monthly fee for free incoming calls, or GoTone for those who are ballers / travel / want to use their phone when overseas.

Cheers and good travels. I've heard unicom works OK but I won't try it -- heard service is too bad....

XiKe

秀才
interesting, i have gone through much frustration trying to use the mzone with my treo 600. do other cards work better you found? Mine logs on and successfully finds a gprs signal, but i can not access the internet or download any emails. (I bought it foolishly after seeing that i could get a gprs signal succesfully and assuming everything else would work. ) When I went back to the china mobile service hall for help, they fiddled with my phone and then replied 对不起你外国的手机不能克服。then sent me packing. what cards have been succesful for you in beijing?

old sim cards work

you have to use one of the older generation sim cards. i had to go everywhere looking for mine. generally if you bought it more than a year ago your fine. so if you can look around and find a really one that is your best bet. or if you can guy one off of a friend who has had theirs forever.

hope this helps

Chris