About The PlecoDict-Supplied CEDICT, Unihan Dictionaries....

A

Anonymous

...what are we to do with them? Can they the databases be accessed by PlecoDict for use? Or are we to use third-party apps like KDIC to access them?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
They can be accessed right within PlecoDict; just tap on the second icon from the left in the toolbar to switch between dictionaries. (they'll show up as a ? icon, but we're fixing that in the next update)

adamlau

探花
Question: I loaded all the add-on dictionaries and enabled: 'Pref > Nav > Dict name: Append. One of the dictionaries is iconized as 'USR' and its entries are appended with [User C-E]. Is this the 'LDC English-Chinese Wordlist' or a user-created dictionary I somehow created?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
It's a user-created dictionary; you can add entries to without knowing you've done so by importing a flashcard list (it'll create a placeholder entry in the user dictionary for any flashcard words that aren't covered by the included dictionaries).

A

Anonymous

How to 1. remove this user-created dictionary and 2. view the LDC English-Chinese Wordlist?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I don't know why you'd need such an option - as long as you don't add any entries to the user dictionary it won't come up (PlecoDict automatically skips over dictionaries with 0 entries).

To access the LDC list, just tap on the 'zhong' icon at the left of the toolbar - that will switch to English-to-Chinese mode, and you can then use the next button over to switch to the LDC database.