2.1 Feature Requests

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
We're starting to do some pretty concrete planning for version 2.1 now; essentially it'll be the next thing we do after the initial iPhone version, bringing some of the new features we're rolling out first on iPhone to WM / (Palm?), making some improvements in flashcards / user dictionaries prior to their first appearance on iPhone, and hopefully also bringing some much-needed performance improvements on WM (particularly in the area of dialog-boxes-taking-painfully-long-to-show-up).

So I thought I'd start a new thread specifically for feature requests for 2.1. To keep this somewhat organized, please adhere to a limit of 5 requests per user - if you have more than that, just list your top 5. (they need not be unique, in fact lots of people supporting one or two things would be very helpful). And bear in mind that we're mostly looking for enhancements for existing parts of Pleco - new dialog boxes / flashcard test modes / organization systems / dictionary search options / etc are fine, but if you're looking for a systemwide Chinese input method / voice recognition system / automatic translation / something involving copious amounts of new licensed content / The-Matrix-like system for directly implanting Chinese vocabulary into your brain, that's probably going to have to wait for a later release :)

stisev

进士
Hi Mike,

This is has nothing to do with 2.1 features, in as much as outstanding bugs that have passed through this version. :(
I know you'll try your best to address them.

On Sony Xperia X1:

1) Volume buttons (up and down) in flashcard mode act as "right" and "wrong" keys. This behavior is very annoying when trying to adjust volume!
2) I am trying to assign certain keys for certain functions in Pleco. For example, see this pic: http://mobileroar.com/wp-content/upload ... icsson.jpg

The "DEL" key (Most top right key) is used when BLUE SQUARE function key is pressed + the "<x]" key (same as DEL) is pressed. Pleco correctly registers the FUNCTIONED key command, but when assigned to "clear" the field, it doesn't do anything. :(

3) FEATURE: Not really a feature, but I just wanted to ask you about the plausibility of something being added. You might not like this one. Basically, as I type in a word and pleco AUTO-searches, it lags even the fastest PDAs. This is not a very good system IMO. What if you added a slight delay (3/4 to 1 sec) that when the user stops typing, that's when it looks up the word. Always, when typing a long chinese word, I have to wait to see what I typed. It is inconvenient when I make a mistake at the beginning of the word and couldn't see it in time.

Alexis

状元
Wish List (compiled from previous threads):

1) an additional mode added to free answer that would let you test your character recall AND help you to improve your writing.
- gave you a character writing box (divided, with light/dashed lines, into quadrants)
- An option for a thicker pen
- When revealing the answer, it would underlay the original character (in a different color underneath) so you can see how close you were to the real character.
- I *really* like the font style used for the stroke order diagrams; this would be the ideal underlay character.

Mike says: I think; might even be able to do something cool with it like, say, feed the strokes in each box to the handwriting recognizer and see if one of the possible matches was the correct character. Or just roughly compare the stroke count / positions and score it correct or incorrect (which is I guess basically what Skritter does, but I'd much rather do it after drawing the whole thing than live).

Alexis responds: I would also prefer the implementation you describe over what Skritter does.

2) UNDO feature in flashcards.

Sometimes I hit the wrong "incorrect/correct" button. Sometimes due to an accidental double-tap, and sometimes not. Either way, it would be nice to hit "undo" or "back" and fix up the correct/incorrect rating of the previous card.

3) Have the ability to save an advanced search and have it show up as a new search type in the "Manage flashcards" search drop-down options.

4) Card Info screen redesign that takes advantage of the space on higher resolution displays.

5) Color the "Play Audio" Icon to indicate what "level" of sound will play:

ie.
Blue (native recording)
Yellow (multi-syllable recording) (when "Skip words without multi-syllable audio" is not selected)
Gray (no recording) (when "Skip words without multi-syllable audio" is selected)

Colors are just a suggestion, there are probably more appropriate ones.

This would make it easy for the user to know exactly what to expect when they hit the button

jiacheng

榜眼
My top ones are

priority based card selection where priority is determined by which cards most need reviewing

Additional statistics or graphing that would help you predict your future workload

Ability to expand/collapse individual definitions for flashcards when they are being viewed and have the state saved.

better audio pronunciation (i.e. account for tone changes when possible, i.e, Half 3rd tones, consecutive 3rd tones, 一(yi1) followed by, 不(bu4) followed by a 4th tone.) And although I'm not a linguist, I often get the feeling that neutral tones sound different in context of other tones than when pronounced individually.

a NOT function on the search criteria or more specifically "not in category".

BTW, I also support the idea of 'Undo" in flashcards, as well as an undo stroke on the sketch box when in flashcard mode.

Improved sentence studying support.

I spend a large amount of time copy/pasting from example sentences into custom flashcards in order to study example sentences (almost exclusively chinese text > pronunciation & meaning). Currently support for sentences is so poor that spaces won't even show up in the pinyin field =( The edit custom card screen is also very cramped making this work more difficult, and probably the most annoying part is that its not possible to select more than the displayed text + 1 line (no auto-scroll when selecting text)

Since there are so many great example sentences in the dictionaries it feels like a large hole in Plecodic's functionality that we are not able to make a flashcard from these sentences without doing 4-5 cut/paste operations per flashcard (the press-and-hold to bring up the context menu is a little bit finicky, too).

This is the only area that I feel pleco is really lacking. I can imagine highlighting an example sentence with the following english (or pinyin then english) then click-hold to bring up a "create flashcard from selection" option. With a little text parsing to seperate the chinese, pinyin, and english (and insert the headword wherever a ~ appears) it doesn't seem like it would be Too hard to get this kind of thing working, and it would save soooo much time while making flashcards -_-

In a previous thread you replied with:
mikelove said:
...sentences are something we're thinking a lot about for 2.1, given that this is an electronic dictionary it seems kind of silly that example sentences are still tethered to specific entries at all - what would really be ideal is a feature that brings up ALL of the example sentences from ANY dictionary that happen to contain a particular word (whether or not that word is actually the original focus of the example sentence). And then of course we'd want to provide a way to automatically create flashcards based on any of these sentences, along with perhaps a slightly more streamlined system for creating your own (say with an integrated Pinyin-to-character input system).

I agree with you 100% that it would be best to have a more full-featured way to search example sentences for words and then automate flashcard creation from there, but even a less elegant solution like I mentioned would make a huge impact for people in my situation.

js96

Just wanted to say that I haven't found any product that comes anywhere close to matching Pleco. Thanks for all the hard work!

A couple features for 2.1....
The ability to loop the audio so that the audio is played repeatedly while I practice writing the characters. Maybe something like single-tap to play once, double-tap to begin or end continuously play .

Flashcard playlists- create a "playlist" based on search criteria (for example- the 100 cards with lowest scores that haven't been reviewed this month); basically this is just the ability to save complex search criteria as a preset that can be easily recalled.

stisev

进士
A couple features for 2.1....
The ability to loop the audio so that the audio is played repeatedly while I practice writing the characters. Maybe something like single-tap to play once, double-tap to begin or end continuously play .

GREAT idea. Along those same lines:

1) Be able to LOOP the writing pattern for a hanzi character (have a checkbox called "loop" that keeps the character writing portion looping.

radioman

状元
I'll amend this but...

Overarching theme = Improved Sentence Support

- Creation of flashcards from highlighting sample sentences, including "intelligent parsing" so that Hanzi goes to Hanzi, Pinyin to Pinyin, and the definition to the definition. No need for the user to sort it out field by field.
- Audio recording support.
- Looping - ALL audio should have a looping function - so I can throw the device on the table while I'm eating food, or putting away my clothes, and it will just cycle on one card, or a deck. It should also be easy to say - "ok, got it, time to move to the next..." and with a single button you can move to the next for review.

daniel123

榜眼
Well this is my list (already sorted by my own wish priority :)

1) In a flashcard session, when configured "Review incorrect cards at end" and "loop" the order of the reviewed cards is always the same. For example first it repeats 10 words. And I need to repeat all 10 at a second loop and afterwards 8 in the third loop and 6 and 5 and so on... that's when I start to remember the words faster because of its order instead of its meaning. I would like to have the cards randomly mixed for each new loop.

2) Any improvement to playing (multi) syllables (or sentences) would be great. For example if more than 7 syllables of a sentence would be played. Than a stop button to stop this playing would be also recommened.
Maybe some sort of a "playback in stages" option for audio flashcards, or perhaps simply an option to select a particular portion of a long sentence card that would actually be played when the card comes up.

You once said: "to do a proper job of reading long documents we need not just a text segmenter but a very good sandhi algorithm and a new set of single-syllable recordings that are shorter and include varying syllable lengths / stresses / halfway tones / etc". Any feature that goes in this direction sound even greater. :)

2b) If all those stuff is too much for 2.1 the minimum improvement I would be very happy to see if pronouncing zhe4r, na4r or similar inside sentences correctly as one thing. Now it would be pronounced as two different syllable: for example zhe4 and er.

3) Often I look a word in the dictionary and I want to look the same word or a corresponding sentence in my flashcards to compare (where I have my own German translation or maybe I just want to see if it already exists). To change to flashcards, Manage Flashcards, choose pron/headword, enter or paste the word takes some time. Therefore I would like to see some kind of combination between dictionary and flashcard searches.

Maybe like "Modules/Send Entry To Reader" you can add an Entry: "Modules/Open Entry in Flashcard search" or something like that. This opens the word in flashcard search headword mode. Would be a gerat help.

Maybe you might find any other way to incorporate the flashcard search right into the main dictionary interface - let you search for / scroll through flashcards without even having to go into the flashcard system.

4) The possibilty to make flashcard notes. At the moment I have to write all notes to the definition. If the note contains the word I want to repeat/learn itself it corresponds with the learning effect in flashcard sessions because I already see the word that is asked for in my note instead of having th chance to see if I remember it.
There should be a way to find the notes. Maybe a search funtion ar the chance to see all available notes in a list.
And anything that shows me obviously that there is a note when opening or learning the card.

5) When editing a custom flashcard the input lines are very small (One line for Simp. and Pron. and two lines for Def.) I do not use Trad so this could give me theoretically one more line.
And for each of the three input fields that I use I wish to open a new multiline input field or so that I can see some more lines when using sentences.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks for all of the responses so far.

stisev - #3 is actually already an option; you can enable it in the "Results" panel of Preferences. ("delay before search") It should be on by default, so I'm not sure why it's not working in your case - any chance you might have changed that setting accidentally?

With the hardware button issues, which number codes appear in the button-assignment screen for those keys? That might help in determining why they're not being reliably recognized (we don't have an Xperia X1 among our test systems).

Alexis - I still like #1 a lot, though I'm not 100% sure how well it would work on iPhone yet - guess the best way to find that out is to make a prototype and try it out. Not exactly sure how we'd score it, though - I suppose we could make that an option, either use the handwriting recognizer (with a setting for whether it has to be the first match / in the first 5 matches / etc) or match it exactly to the stroke order diagram. (or maybe even both, count it as correct if it matches the diagram or it's the first HWR result)

Other items are all quite doable / sensible - saved advanced searches would be particularly nice if combined with a "start a session with these results" feature.

jiacheng - what sort of future-workload statistics would you find most useful? A graph of cards due each day for the next week, say, or a chart of how many cards are currently at what interval level? I certainly see the need for these sorts of statistics, but I'm not sure whether the focus should be on helping you optimize your study habits (too many upcoming cards -> scale back your new card additions) or on informing you what you have to look forward to for the next week (so you can make sure you save enough time / start early enough in the day that you'll finish everything).

Collapsible definitions are a bit tricky for 2.1, since there's a lot of data file work involved, though they might be doable with ABC/ACE at least. With audio, we'd definitely like to get the basic 3rd-3rd / bu / yi sandhi changes in there for 2.1, but new recordings with shorter syllables / half-tones / etc are probably going to have to wait for a later release (since that'll require us to do some new recordings specifically for this sort of borderline-TTS system).

llammamama - the example database feature might have to wait for a later release, mainly again due to data file work - we can easily extract examples from ABC / ACE now, but none of the other dictionaries are coded for that yet, and given the vast cornucopia of examples in Tuttle / 21CN especially we'd really want those to be accessible too - better still if we can do a decent job at automatically Pinyin-converting the 21CN ones.

This is also an issue for extracting individual examples from dictionary entries - I suppose if you highlight them precisely we could just try to auto-detect the characters / Pinyin / English, but at least initially we might be better off abandoning any pretense of sorting this out for you and just providing a very easy way to take a piece of text and move particular portions of it to particular fields - say, bring up a dictionary entry on a screen where you can highlight any portion of it and tap on a button to replace / append that in the headword / pron / definition section of a new flashcard. (really just a modest extension of Edit Card, actually) Another nice thing about that is it has applications beyond example sentences, letting you grab some particularly useful explanation for a word from somewhere and dump it into your flashcard.

Beyond Edit Card / missing spaces / lack of > 8 syllables for audio, are there any other areas you find particularly difficult for working with sentence flashcards? (this question goes to radioman too)

js96 - thanks! Audio looping would certainly be easy to implement, though I'm a bit worried about how it would shake out stability-wise on Palm OS - 2.1 might be about the time to stop worrying about that, though, we're still committed to supporting our Palm OS customers as much as we can but there's not much sense in denying something to everyone else just because we're not going to be able to bring it to them.

radioman - these would be audio recordings for flashcards, right? Would it be important to support multiple recordings for a card or would just one be enough?

daniel123 - yeah, I definitely like the shuffle-repeat-incorrect idea; probably should have done that from the get-go as soon as people started requesting the "loop" option. A simple flashcard search option makes a lot of sense, particularly if we are adding notes through those (though I really like the idea of bringing them up right in main dictionary entries too) - it's a bit iffy performance-wise, though, so there'd have to be some separate button / screen for it rather than integrating it into a regular dictionary search; wouldn't want to have to wait for it to return results live as you entered a search term.

Really excellent document / sentence-length audio as I said above (and in my earlier reply) requires new recordings, but basic sandhi transformations at least should be quite doable (embarrassing that we haven't done them already), and if we key it to the spaces between syllables we can probably do something for a lot of zhe4r type cases too. Edit Card should probably just have multiple tabs for custom cards - at least 2, one for head / pron and one for defn. Along with resizing for larger displays, of course.

radioman

状元
Yes, flashcards - A bit more detail here.

One recording would be enough, with a recording time of up to 10 seconds if possible (98% would be under 6 seconds, at least in my experience).

My hope would be that it would be dead simple to hand the device to to someone (teachers or really just about anyone) and they would be able to easily read Hanzi on the screen, hold a record button, record the audio (optionally listen/confirm if desired) and then go to the next card for recording. This as opposed to, for example, going through hoops to have to explain some complex recording procedure, record on a card, backing out a menu level or two or three, then going up some more menu levels to get to the next card, selecting for recording, being prompted for "do you really want to record", etc.

For what it is worth I have being fooling around with a lot of recording programs and find for short recordings like these types sentences, it is easier to have a button that you "hold" to record rather than press-to-start-recording, press-to-stop-recording. I also found that there were programs that were very "lagging" like you press to record and the iPhone has to get itself moving, maybe missing the first few words. Certain optimized programs record very fast out of the gate (i.e., iSample), where once you press, you are really recording. This is a much nicer scenario as you are not surprised later that you missed the first 2 words, or the last few words somehow did not get recorded.

mikelove said:
radioman - these would be audio recordings for flashcards, right? Would it be important to support multiple recordings for a card or would just one be enough?

taijidan

举人
1. Forecast schedule for due cards. Something like this at the very least. May aswell extend it a bit further in time (e.g 1 year).

2. I love this plug in for Anki and would be very cool to have something like this pleco.
Analyses all your learned cards and then tells you - how many unique charcters and how they fit into the hsk word lists and frequency word lists.
If you click in the left numbers it shows you a list of the characters you have learned and if you click on the right number it shows a list of characters oustanding.

3. The great thing about pleco is that you can create character or word based flashcards quickly and easily. It would be really great to extend this to Sentences. So some way of extracting the example sentences out of dictionary entries and creating flashcards with one click.

Attachments

• statistics.png
    statistics.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 4,891
  • hanzistats.GIF
    hanzistats.GIF
    20.6 KB · Views: 4,903

thph2006

进士
None of these probably rise to the level of urgency needed to make it into 2.1 but maybe you can sock them away for some future release.
1. Move back and forth between flashcard test and dictionary without having to save/re-initiate flashcard session.
2. Edit flashcards while in test mode. Now, if I find a problem with a flashcard definition during a test or if I just want to change it, perhaps to reorder multiple definitions on the card I have to quit the test (and can't save it) go to manage flashcards, search for the card, then edit it. Being able to edit in place would be much easier.
3. Have a "show sentences" button in flashcard tests which brings up a list of example sentences using the word. Now when you select a word and press and hold during a test a popup menu appears with the following selections: copy, magnify, char info, popup defn. You could add one more item "sentences" which would bring up a list of example sentences. If you wanted to get fancy you could allow the user to press and hold on one of the sentences and select "add to card" which would add the sentence to the card's definition.
4. A lot of times when testing with "Show:" set to "definition" I'll get cards with an English definition which has several correct Chinese translations. E.g. shop=店铺=商店. It would be nice to have a setting which would cause a hint to be displayed like maybe the first character of the pinyin for the answer which would let me know which answer it's testing for. So in this example if you displayed a "d" as a hint I'd know you wanted dianpu as the response and not shangdian.
5. If I'm in a test allow me to stop and save the test, go back into flashcard mode to do some maintenance or whatever then resume the test.
6. In frequency mode testing could you allow the user to set the total number of unique cards they want to cover? Pleco would then calculate how many cards to show in order to satisfy both its repetition algorithm and the user requested total unique cards. Now if I want 100 unique cards I just set the number of cards to ~200 to accommodate for the repetitions I know will happen. I'd rather not have to guess.
7. In the stroke order screen displayed when you click on a character in a flashcard test, let the user touch the radical to bring up the radical's name and 1-2 word definition.
8. Provide a way to view/compare/study similar looking characters.
9. Give the user a way to identify which part of recall was incorrect in a test and provide ways to retest focused on the recall weakness. E.g. Test shows a character, I know the definition and know the pinyin but get the tone wrong. Mark the card as tone wrong. Then have a way to review or test based on all cards with tone wrong (in this case probably initiating the tone test). This is a low priority since I know I can create categories for each of the failure types and add the card to the appropriate category as I'm testing, but it's not that convenient.

mikelove said:
at least initially we might be better off abandoning any pretense of sorting this out for you and just providing a very easy way to take a piece of text and move particular portions of it to particular fields - say, bring up a dictionary entry on a screen where you can highlight any portion of it and tap on a button to replace / append that in the headword / pron / definition section of a new flashcard. (really just a modest extension of Edit Card, actually) Another nice thing about that is it has applications beyond example sentences, letting you grab some particularly useful explanation for a word from somewhere and dump it into your flashcard.

That sounds like a great solution until something more elegant can be designed. I usually make sentence flashcards by editing current (dictionary) flashcards and copy/pasting between the dictionary and custom edit card screens. It would be absolutely fantastic to be able to tap (NOT tap-and-hold) a "replace custom headword" "replace custom pronunciation" and "append to custom definition" button from the edit-card screen. That would make adding sentences sooo much easier =) It would also be nice if the edit card screen made better use of VGA displays...

Also, please make sure that a 'replace custom headword' button will fill in both the simplified AND traditional fields. Currently it is almost impossible to fill in both fields without spending a lot of time switching dictionary character display settings back and forth.

If you could get scroll-with-selection working (in order to select more than one screen of text), that would help too.

Sarevok

进士
My list (basically a reiteration of the above... they have kind of said it all :))

1) Originally, adding notes to flashcards was my top priority choice. But if the process of adding example sentences to entries (or making sentence only flashcards) or editing the custom entries is going to be made significantly easier/quicker, then it would render this note adding function redundant (at least for me, as I was planning to use this function for that very purpose - adding additional explanation and/or an example sentence or two to the entries)

2) Some statistics of future workload (as taijidan presented) would be very useful. That would give me a better idea of what to expect for the next few days (or weeks) and whether it would be viable to add some new material in bigger quantities (if the expected workload is low) or not. Additionally, comparison of my current flashcard pool (or certain categories only) wih HSK or some frequency wordlists a la Anki would be nice, but it is quite a low priority for me...

3) I second that Undo button in flashcard sessions

jiacheng

榜眼
I think a graph of the cards due over the next week based on your current profile settings would be very useful. Perhaps the lookahead time could be configurable. As far as the focus, I had originally thought of the idea to be able to optimize study habits and make an informed decision about when to add in a new set of cards, but certainly it would also be useful for planning events like vacations so that you can see how big your backlog is going to be when you get back.

mfcb

状元
basically my top 5 list is identical with jiacheng's top 5. (thanks!)

i just add a remark for the "workload-preview". ANY information on the workload is going to be great, but there are a few points that have to be considered
1. actual day
for the actual day it would be nice to have the information as detailed as possible, that means i would like to know, how many cards, in which ranges are up for review. so if it looks like the flashcards statistics screen would be fine for me.
2. next few days
actually i think it makes no sense to predict the workload for more than a few days, maybe a week, because it depends on the percentage of right/wrong answers. to account for wrong answers the algorithm would have to know how a wrong answer influences the score of the card, same for the right answer. ok, we could also specify that a certain percentage of my cards i get right, on average, but that still does not account for which cards i get wrong, new cards (low score) or old cards (higher score), therefore also cant be predicted if the cards that are wrong will appear earlier or not...

if the prediction (curve?) does not account for learned/unlearned in the days to come, then in my opinion its pretty much useless, at least after just a few days... suppose i have 1000 cards, evently distributed between 100 and 2000 score. it means in 20 days i have seen all of them. some (lets say 5%) come up nearly every day, some (again 5%) i see only once. ideally they are also distributed evenly in these 20 days, practically they are not. in each session i will fail for 5% of my cards (on average). 5% of 1000 cards are 50 cards, so the daily session on day 1 approximately consists of:
- 50 cards (score 100+)
- 25 cards (score 200+)
- 12 cards (score 400+)
- 7 cards (score 800+)
- 4 cards (score 1600+)
if the scores would not change for each day, it would be straight lines (into the future) at 100 cards each day.
5% of these 100 cards i fail, so its 5 cards. so that could mean, all of the 5 cards i failed are within the 50 cards with score 100+. this means that they will come up on the next day again and the workload for the next day should increase to 105 cards. but if the 5 failed cards are "high score" cards, the workload changes a week later (depends on the change of card score).
if differences between reality and theory like that accumulate over more than just a few days, the prediction is useless. it would be like a weather forecast.

so my suggestion is that the future for the next week is a graph of 5 curves, one which displays the workload for unchanged scores (cards that will come up on each day in the future, without considering right/wrong answers), another one, that considers the max right/wrong card limit and all wrong cards are in the lower score range, another curve max right/wrong and all wrong cards are in the upper score range, another curve with min right/wrong limit and low score cards and finally a curve with min right/wrong limit and higher score cards.

maybe adding a 6th curve, just displaying the cards that are up for review on the days to come would be nice, this curve should treat the cards as if they disappear after they are shown the first time, so it basically shows us the distribution of our cards over time. this would show me the clusters of cards with same score, that i suspect in my cards (many cards with score 800 show up on the same day, but only a few in the rest of the week, likewise with score 2000, thats a big workload problem, if they happen to fall onto the same day).

of course all of these curves must also consider the date when they were last reviewed, otherwise they would not be a prediction for the workload. but for the 6th curve it might make sense to switch between date/no date mode, as it could give you a graphical view of card statistics.

the final truth anyway is made up by the user, by answering the cards, but that way we get at least a prediction, where we can say the workload will be between these lines. i anticipate, that when the cards are not even distributed (like in my case) these lines will not just spread out over the future, they might cross each other at unexpected points. from this picture we might be able to say "now is the time to add cards" or to say "forget about new stuff, first learn the old ones better"...

we could say, that the max limit of right/wrong cards is 100% (i never have that ;) best i can do is 97%) and the min limit is 85%, but i guess it makes sense to make it changeable or if its available to take the actual average +/-5%. the prediction about the score development (scoring algorithm) is anyway available via the session options (e.g. -25% on fail, +10% on success).

3. long term workload
i think a serious longterm prediction is impossible. so i guess, it would be just interesting to draw a line for a month or 2 which is only the line for the real existing workload, not considering the right/wrong scores... could also make sense to join the 2 graphs and let the predictions for the right/wrong cards fade away (change colors to more lighter tones over time, hehe) but i guess scaling the graphs could become a problem.

i hope i made my points clear enough, to be understood, what i mean. its not as easy as it seems to predict the workload if you want a good prediction, but its still necessary to have one. we will only see, what its worth, when we have it, maybe a few more points come up that have to be considered, or some of my suggestions can be ignored... who knows.

sfrrr

状元
I have only one request--example sentences on the flashcard. Not only from the dictionaries, but also ones I add from my lessons with my teacher--i.e. her sample sentences and maybe a usage comment.

That should be easy to do, no? :roll:

Sandra

goulniky

榜眼
other 2.1 Feature Request

could you add an option for pinyin font rendering, I never understand why 汉语拼音 is always displayed so prominently in all dicts. Pinyin is important and useful obviously, but it should never be the focus. See for instance how NCIKU greys out both pinyin transcription and grammatical category.