2.0.1 (final) Bug Report Thread

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Post any bug reports and feedback on the finished version here. (this will be moved to the main 2.0 forum in a few days, but since the finished packages are here now there needs to be somewhere to report bugs on it in the meantime)

feryl

1. Under Preferences menu : "Auto-enter best HWR match" doesn't work if "HWR auto-rec after:" is set to "instant". It works well for other options (1/4 sec, etc).

2. The treo 680 "Alt" key doesn't work in Pleco 2, so inputting some symbols, semi-colon, etc is impossible on custom dict entry.

Thanks Mike, very impressive release.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks. #1 was actually a design decision, not that we didn't want to make those options work together but that we couldn't get them working together smoothly enough for 2.0.1 - we'll take another run at it for 2.0.2, though.

With the Alt key, unfortunately we couldn't find a way to bring up that menu in our custom text fields, so the best way to input those symbol characters is with the Keyboard panel of the Input screen - doesn't support everything, but some otherwise-inaccessible common characters like the semicolon are available that way at least. You could also enable Input Field Compatibility mode, though that brings a number of tradeoffs (no support for mixing SC / TC, etc).

feryl

#1: I see, 1/4 sec is more than enough, it feels like instant for me.
#2: Ah, yes .. Sorry I didn't realize that I can use on-screen keyboard panel for entering semicolon. Other inaccesible character are seldom used IMO, so no big problem on that.
Thanks !

jinji

I installed the new 2.0.1 update to my card but when I check the version number in pleco it says I have version 2.0.0. redownloaded several times and still says version 2.0.0.
I have Palm T/X

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
If there's a copy of 2.0.0 in your Palm's internal memory, then Palm OS might load that one instead of loading 2.0.1 from the card, even if you're tapping on the Pleco icon on the card.

Go to your Palm's "Copy" screen (tap on the clock at the top of the program launcher screen and choose "Copy") and try copying Pleco from the card to internal memory - does that help? If not, try installing 2.0.1 directly to your Palm's internal memory via a HotSync.

Cannot upgrade to 2.0.1

When I try to upgrade to 2.0.1 using the automatic installer, I get a message saying it cannot create c:\Program Files\Pleco\Pleco.exe and then it gives up. I currently have 2.0 installed (on Windows Mobile).

mfcb

状元
martinellison said:
When I try to upgrade to 2.0.1 using the automatic installer, I get a message saying it cannot create c:\Program Files\Pleco\Pleco.exe and then it gives up. I currently have 2.0 installed (on Windows Mobile).
you have to "quit" the 2.0 first, from the menu. while its running, the installer cant overwrite it...

grabolus

举人
Hi,

in general 2.01 runs without issues on my Treo 650.
A very very small thing: The default category in manage categories is not remembered. When I open the dropdown list, it always starts at the beginning of the list. As far as I can remember this was different some builds ago...

Bye

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That's odd, must have something to do with the other changes we made with popup list saving on Palm (which in general should have improved matters in Advanced Settings at least). Does the setting still apply at least, i.e. when you choose a new default category new cards are actually added to that category?

renovator

榜眼
1) My latest update is 2.0.1b3 Is this the latest or do I need to update to 2.01 final now that it has been released?

2) When copying my pbq flashcards to my desktop, or other area of my servers as a backup directly from my mobile phone, the copy procedure hangs when about 70% complete (based on status bar). Sometimes I need to cancel the job 2 or 3 times until the copy is finally successful. Every time I cancel the job, ActiveSync automatically disconnects and I unplug and then re-plug the phone to re-activate ActiveSync. This is getting worse over time and as my pbq file grows, however, it is still quite small now at about 1.5mb. Does this file need to be repaired or compacted in any way so this does not happen? Could this be a problem with ActiveSync? Once the file is finally copied to my desktop, it is easy to copy it from one server to another or one computer to another without any problem.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
renovator - yes, there are a few more fixes in the release version so you probably should install that. As for the backup issue, that might have something to do with Pleco still running in the background (and hence still having locked down the flashcard database file) - try existing Pleco completely using the "Quit" command in the "Dict" menu before you back up.

grabolus - good to hear, though we can certainly still try to fix this in 2.0.2.

HW60

状元
A tiny little error: If I change in Free-answer mode a flashcard by "i" (information), Edit Card, Change the card, Done, the result can be seen on the Edit Card Screen. If I return to the Free-answer mode by clicking OK, the result of my changes is gone! Going to the next card and returning to the card that was changed: everything is OK. This can be reproduced by any change in the definition field (at least).

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I think sthubbar mentioned that one a few weeks ago, actually - "Allow edits" is kind of an experimental feature at this point, but getting the screen to update correctly at least should be something we can fix in 2.0.2.

ben_gb

探花
Just trying 2.01...

There still seems to be a problem with the soft keyboard not being redrawn when you come back to Pleco after the device is unlocked (ie it went into a locked state and then you unlock it).

A gap is being left where the keyboard was, and you can 'see through' to the today page on that half of the screen.

I actually use an lock/unlock program called PocketShield, which goes directly back into Pleco when I unlock (or whatever app I was last using). Pleco is the only app where I see this keyboard redraw problem.

You have to toggle the keyboard off and on again to get it back to normal.

This is with Windows Mobile 6.1 on an HTCTouch HD.

Ben

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yeah, I'm seeing that here too - we've gotten rid of a lot of redundant screen updates in 2.0.1 in an effort to make the software faster / more responsive, but it seems like it may be neglecting to update it when it should be in this case.

plecoUser

秀才
Not so much of a bug as a question: Will the installation of Pleco 2.0.1 have the same issue on my iPAQ rx37XX running WM2K3 as 2.0.0? Last time I had to download a special file because my device would do nothing when clicking the pleco 2.0 icon. I had to use the 'startup' update.

Loving Pleco 2.0!

Cheers,
Rob

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
No, that fix is integrated in to the main 2.0.1 build now so it should start up just fine on your iPAQ.

This is nothing new from 2.0.1, but when making a custom card for studying sentences the spaces between pinyin in the pronunciation field are omitted when doing flashcard repetitions.

This makes every sentence look like one enormous string of characters, and it would certainly make it more readable if the spaces would show up properly.