XDA II mini + PlecoDict

zyzzxz

I am a newbie here and would appreciate any response/help I can get. I am thinking of getting a XDA II Mini and installing PlecoDict so that I can just write out the chinese characters on my phone and get the pronunciation, meaning etc on my phone. When the new PlecoDict version comes out, will it be compatible with the XDA II Mini (as I read other threads about crashes with the Treo + PlecoDict)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
We mostly resolved the Treo crashes in PlecoDict 1.0 and 1.0.1 (I think), but those had nothing to do with the fact that the Treo is a smartphone - rather, they were caused by the new filesystem that Palm introduced in the Treo 650 (and its cousin the Tungsten T5). So there's no particular reason to think that the XDA II would suffer from an unusually high number of bugs simply because it's a smartphone.

From a specifications standpoint the XDA II Mini should be compatible - the only requirement is that it be running Pocket PC 2003 or later, and according to O2's website the XDA II Mini runs Pocket PC 2003 Second Edition, so it should work fine.