Which phone to choose ? Samsung Omina i900 or iphone

ianb

秀才
Hi,

I've been reading the forums and Im confused.

I have the option to buy either a Samsung Omina i900 or an iphone.

Which one is most likely to be the best supported ?

I get the feeling the iphone release is iminent, which way should I go ?

Ian

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
The Omnia i900's the only one of those that we support right now; as far as iPhone goes, we haven't released any information yet about when we expect it to be ready, and we probably won't be doing so until shortly before its release (unless we do a beta-test, but there'd be very few slots in that, and priority would be given to longtime Pleco users / people who'd beta-tested for us before - it would give everyone else a sense of how far along we were, though).

ianb

秀才
Mike Can I ask another question..

I want to get the best version of software that can do everything. But its a little unclear which one to use.

Is there a bundle with everything included ?

Ian

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
No, but if you can hold off on your purchase for a week or two we're hoping to make an announcement on the bundle-with-everything front very soon. (finally made some progress on that, or at least we think we have - licensing issues are the only reason why we don't already offer one)

For right now the only way to get everything would be to buy the Linguist bundle with all three of its optional add-ons, then log back onto our website and purchase the NWP as a separate add-on for it - that would give you all 7 of our current dictionaries (and the stroke order / audio features, but those are included in all three Pleco 2.0 bundles). Flashcards are the same in every bundle, they don't change at all with a higher-end one.

ianb

秀才
Thanks Mike,

Hope it comes out soon, really looking forward to using it.

Might try the demo version first.

Ian

ianb

秀才
Hi Mike,

Any update on the bundle with everything?

Going to china for business soon, so hope I can get it before I go to get me out of some tricky situations.

Ian

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Still waiting on the signed piece of paper for that. If time really gets tight you could always buy a lower-end bundle before you go and upgrade later, though.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Still waiting... achingly slow mail delivery it seems. (electronic age notwithstanding, legal business is still conducted on paper and pretty much only on paper)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
We've gotten it signed now, not activated in the online store yet (that has to wait for the 2.0.2 release, I think) but if you e-mail me I can set up the complete bundle for you manually via a PayPal payment.

Shadowdh

状元
Just a quick question... how does the complete bundle discussed here differ/compare with the full version that I purchased? I got the one that seemed to include everything but the cheng and tsui... is that the difference? Which dicts are included or not.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
It includes every dictionary we offer now - there's a lot of demand for that, so now that we've resolved the licensing issues we'll likely keep updating the Complete bundle contents / price whenever we add / remove dictionaries from our product line.

There may be a couple of other changes too, now that NWP and 21st Century can go together it makes sense to offer the latter as an optional add-on for Professional - gives people the combination of NWP's Pinyin-friendliness and 21st Century's massive vocabulary database.