What sound/video files should I use to improve my listening?

kiwox

Hi all,

I have been learning Mandarin for a while and I find pleco really good at helping me learn words, pronounciation and writing. However, my listening skills are terrible and it seems to me that practice is the best way to help.

Does anyone know of any sound files or video files I could put on to my iPhone and listen to each morning during my commute on the train? Open to any suggestions, e.g. news and TV dramas (suggested in another post, but no sources), children's audio books, novels... Probably best for me if I can start with easy stuff though!

Thanks,
Chris

sfrrr

状元
Re: What sound/video files should I use to improve my listen

You don't want to use something like ChinesePod? It's available for desktop, iOS and Android. Also Popup Chinese, which has lots of good-listening lessons at every level? There are hundreds of sources on the Web now. Just Google mandarin chinese and see what happens. Also, you can download Chinese songs. I've always used music to help me learn a language.

kiwox

Thanks for your tips, will check them out. I have found that Emory university has a number of all-Chinese things in iTune U which are good for listening practice too.

Chris

feng

榜眼

Chinese TV shows on DVD. Make sure it has subtitles before you buy it.