what file needed on SD to test pleco?

stoney

举人
I have pleco for my old palm which I broke a while back and since then have not used it cause I just can't find a WM phone I want to buy that can run pleco :? :cry: :evil: (I'm in Hangzhou, China) Now I got a microSD card and adapter for my computer and I want to put pleco on this to take it with me and test phones at the store.

What files/how do I download the the windows version and put it on this microSD card. I read something about this here before but it was a bit confusing for me. If anyone has a relatively simple step by step solution for doing this It would be a great help.

Thanks

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You can basically follow the steps for a "Card Install" in the manual; the one extra thing is that you need to make a whole bunch of duplicate copies of the .cab file (Pleco.cab) and put them all in another folder on the card. Each time you want to try Pleco on another phone, stick in the card, open up File Explorer and tap on one of those .cab files; the file will disappear (hence all the duplicates), but the Pleco application file will be installed in the phone's internal memory so that you can try it out.

ldolse

状元
You don't need duplicate copies if you mark the files read only using a file manager like Total Commander. If they're read-only then WinMo won't automatically delete them after install.

Also, I know this isn't supported, but I've had no problems running Pleco.exe directly from the folder on the SD card for this type of demo. After doing an install on my regular phone I copy the files from /Program Files/Pleco/ to the Pleco folder on the SD card. Then I manually navigate to the SD card folder and launch Pleco directly. This is only for purposes of demo, under normal circumstances I do run Pleco in the traditional way.