Tungsten T5 Chinese or English only????

Hi!

I recently bought the Tungsten T5 in Beijing. I love the thing, it?s really nifty. Except for one thing that REALLY bugs me: I can only write Chinese characters when I change the whole system to Chinese, which I don?t want to do! When I activate the ?CJKOS? under ?prefs?, the whole system changes to Chinese. When I turn it off again to change back to the English system, I can?t even read the documents I wrote in Chinese. Nor can I use the dictionary that I have on there ( I am going to buy the plecodict in a few days, so the dictionary is not really the problem). But shouldn?t I be able to activate the CJKOS without messing with the system? Is there another place except for the ?prefs? to activate it? To restate my problem: I want to write and read Chinese but retain the English language system.
ANY advise whatsoever would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
Randall

Jim

榜眼
randall_flagg said:
Hi!

I recently bought the Tungsten T5 in Beijing. I love the thing, it?s really nifty. Except for one thing that REALLY bugs me: I can only write Chinese characters when I change the whole system to Chinese, which I don?t want to do! When I activate the ?CJKOS? under ?prefs?, the whole system changes to Chinese. When I turn it off again to change back to the English system, I can?t even read the documents I wrote in Chinese. Nor can I use the dictionary that I have on there ( I am going to buy the plecodict in a few days, so the dictionary is not really the problem). But shouldn?t I be able to activate the CJKOS without messing with the system? Is there another place except for the ?prefs? to activate it? To restate my problem: I want to write and read Chinese but retain the English language system.
ANY advise whatsoever would be greatly appreciated!

I am assuming CJKOS won't be much different from one platform to another. Look for a box named localizer and uncheck it. This should leave your system in English but allow you to read and write Chinese.
Thanks in advance,
Randall

thank you thank you

i've been trying for two weeks! thanks to you i figured it out. thank you so much! the localizer bit did the trick. btw, the localizer option can only be turned on and off once you have activated the CJKOS, which means that you have to look for the Chinese version of the English word localizer. their translation is: 中文化 。 just check that box and you'll have your menu in English but are still able to read and write Chinese characters!
Thanks again!