Tungsten T5 Announced

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
For the curious:

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=7193

No comments from me :D. But those of you who find this disappointing will be pleased to know that we're making some inquiries and there once again is the possibility of a Pocket PC release sometime well before next summer (we're taking one more shot at licensing a handwriting recognizer). Though I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet... we'll let everyone know as soon as we have any news we can discuss publicly.

Mads

举人
This new model looks more like what i had hoped for in a TE-2. I'll definatly need more bling-bling to spend 400$ on a new PDA.

I read on Palm's website that they have "plans for the fast growing chinese market". The new Cobalt OS6 is apparantly going to have features that makes it work better with the chinese language. Seems to me that, for students of chinese, it might be worth waiting for an OS6 device to come out.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Well we won't be taking full advantage of OS6 for a while, but PlecoDict should work on OS6 from the get-go, and there do seem to be some features in the works that might make OS6 a little better for Chinese. (though we've already had to implement most of them ourselves in PlecoDict, sigh)