Treo 650 soft reset?

pou

Anyone experience their Treo 650 going through soft resets continuously? Randomly it will just soft reset when I'm using it and even soft reset sometimes during a call? Anyway to fix this problem? Is there some sort of software patch that can fix this problem?

Jim

榜眼
You most likely have some sort of software conflict. Not all applications play well together. Have you added any new software recently? If so the new app is probably conflicting with something else. Try deleting it and see if that solves the problem. Most commonly an app that runs in the background will cause problems. The problem as you describe it sounds like a background app.

If the problem persists on the dial pad enter #*377 and press dial. This will give you information on the error including which app caused it. The app shown may be the actual cause or it may be conflicting with another app that runs in the background. Do this each time you get an error. If the error information shows different apps then it is definitely a background app problem.

If all else fails, hard reset and reinstall your apps one at a time and each time give all the apps a thorough workout over several hours. If the problem recurs that last installed app should be the culprit.

Good luck.

lmcjipo

榜眼
I would also suggest that you make sure that you have the latest Treo 650 firmware for your cellular service provider. The Treo 650's earlier firmware was reported to be very buggy (not that the current firmware is without its problems).

pou

I have an unlocked Cingular Treo 650 as I use it in China and the USA so I'm scared if updating firmware will mess up any configurations.

I just got the treo last week and the only thing I've ever installed is Pleco and CJKOS. Although there are what I think are some Cingular sponsored Applications like XPress Mail and GetGood. I installed Pleco right away and already had soft reset problems so I don't think it is CJKOS' problem. When doing the #*377, I get a "System Error Log" saying a Reset was caused on [date & time] while running "Applications":

Fatal Exception

I don't know what that means above but mostly it soft resets when I'm using the camera or doing a memo or even making a call. It's not a huge deal but is beginning to be a nuisance.

Anything else I can try? Should I delete Pleco and try? Anyone else have these issues?

Jim

榜眼
From some postings on Treocentral I noticed several people having trouble caused by GetGood. See if can be disabled.

As it is a Cingular app on a Cingular branded phone it is probably in ROM and cannot be easily deleted.

If you like you can PM me a list of everything installed on your phone and I can probably point out most of the possible conflicts.