Removing pinyin from word lists

Hi,

Recently I've been creating word lists, printing them out and then studying them. Any suggestions for removing the pinyin from them? Could there be a pinyin option for word lists in a future update?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

HW60

状元
Assuming your wordlist comes from flashcards: export the desired words into a *.txt file, copy the content of the *.txt file into an Excel spreadsheet, delete the columns you do not like (e.g. pinyin) and print what is left.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
siamesefightingfish said:
Before exporting, Is there a way to change the pinyin from numbered tones to tone marks? I just realized this is for iPhone, I'm on android.

No, it always exports in that format because it's more reliable to import (at which point it'll turn back into tone marks). There are any number of online utilities etc that will convert it to tone marks for you if you want to use it in another program, though.

That worked great! One small thing, the lessons are ordered backwards. Is there a setting to change the order from lesson 1-25 rather than 25-1? I have 25 lessons (sub directories) I'm printing and I don't mind reading up, however, I'm used to reading down :lol:

Actually, the order isn't quite chronological up either. That's ok. I'll just print as is and locate the lesson as required. This looks really professional! Another massive feature I just found out about, this is impressive!!!!!!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
siamesefightingfish said:
That worked great! One small thing, the lessons are ordered backwards. Is there a setting to change the order from lesson 1-25 rather than 25-1? I have 25 lessons (sub directories) I'm printing and I don't mind reading up, however, I'm used to reading down :lol:

How are you exporting them? Categories should generally be exported in the same order in which they appear in the category list - is 25 on top of that list? You can reorder them in Organize Cards if so.

I don't know why it's done that. The cards are ordered sequentially 1-25 in the app, and exported that way too. Maybe another other setting in a different part of the app is messing it up? It's not a problem, all the info I need is there. The info is in the proper order in each lesson, just the lesson order was randomized. I'm ok with it. 8)