recomendation: ChOS (HiRes)

which chinese OS for palm are you using?

• CJKOS

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • ChOS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Handdragon

• other

• Total voters

gandq

探花
i checked out several chinese operation sytems for palm os, including cjkos and handdragon. but none of them was as good as ChOS HiRes from http://www.waterworld.com.hk.

i am not affiliated with that site in any way other than i payed 20$ fot the registration code (which is quite cheap, i think).

reasons why i like it so much are

- great pinyin entry methond
- good layout and ease of use
- comatibility with all apps i tested so far, including docstogo (and except pleco dict! ...but that belongs to another part of the forum)
- total stability, no problems whatsoever
- could pay per paypal and got my registration code very shortly afterwards

there are versions for pre-OS 5 pdas as well, haven't checked them out, though.

i just wanted to share that. if not here, where else?

cheers,

jo.

Doesn't CJKOS do the same things? I remember trying them both about 4 years ago and found CJKOS to have a few more functions and easier to use. Sorry, I can't remember what the functions are.

gandq

探花

fist of all, it's cheaper. :)

i checked out CJKOS before i bought ChOS and it seemed more complicated and not as straight foreward. i like the menu screen and the easy configuration, the whole style of the app. and most importantly, it just works without any flaws. the pinyin input is also very good.

i made this post in request of some other user here in the forum and it was just ment to point out that there are alternatives to CJKOS that most people don't even know about. it only reflects my personal opinion.

in the end it is everyone's own choice. but a choice ist only a choice if you have several options to chose from...

greetings,

jo.