Reader: PDF text blurry; dictionary pop-up window distorted

etm001

状元
Hi,

I noticed two issues when reading a PDF today:
  • On occasion the dictionary pop-up window contents were distorted. See screen shot.
  • When pinching to zoom/re-size the text, it's normal for there to be micro-second in which the text is slightly blurry, then it "snaps" into focus and is clear. I noticed that on occasion, at different zoom levels (with no apparent pattern) the text remained blurry. See screen shot.
I noticed both of these things in the same PDF file, which I created using TextEdit on a Mac (I've created many other PDF files using TextEdit and have not notice these problems before). I'm using the latest version of Pleco on an iPad Air 2, iOS 8.2. The iPad was vertically oriented.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Blurry.jpg
    Blurry.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 429
  • Dictionary Pop Up.jpg
    Dictionary Pop Up.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 460

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
The blur is probably happening in the (licensed, third-party) PDF viewer library side of this rather than the Pleco side, so I'll have to file a bug report with them on that. Invisible background in the reader popup is less clear - we're planning to rewrite the code for displaying that shortly anyway (moving to a more modern system that will be friendlier to our forthcoming App Extension) so it should be addressed by that if not before.