Problems restoring purchases

MMarks

举人
I have now got IOS7 on the iPad and 6 on the iPod. I have not used the Chinese dictionaries for a while, probably since April, but at that time I thought I bought the Grand Ricci - but maybe I just downloaded the demo.
At all events, I am getting a message "Restore iTunes Purchases" on both devices, so it isn't an OS7 problem, and Apple doesn't recognize my password. I think I had this problem ages ago, as I bought the Pleco bundle first with an ID that is long dead. I really hate the Apple ID system. Their phone staff don't know that there was ever a time when the ID was not an email address but was linked to an email address that no longer exists.
Anyway, I would be grateful for help in restoring. Can I send a Pleco reference number somewhere? I would love to move Pleco to my current ID and password, but I have a feeling that wouldn't work.

MMarks

举人
I have now got IOS7 on the iPad and 6 on the iPod. I have not used the Chinese dictionaries for a while, probably since April, but at that time I thought I bought the Grand Ricci - but maybe I just downloaded the demo.
At all events, I am getting a message "Restore iTunes Purchases" on both devices, so it isn't an OS7 problem, and Apple doesn't recognize my password. I think I had this problem ages ago, as I bought the Pleco bundle first with an ID that is long dead. I really hate the Apple ID system. Their phone staff don't know that there was ever a time when the ID was not an email address but was linked to an email address that no longer exists.
Anyway, I would be grateful for help in restoring. Can I send a Pleco reference number somewhere? I would love to move Pleco to my current ID and password, but I have a feeling that wouldn't work.
Sorry, I should have sent an email - I have now found a message from 2012 by searching for 'restore purchases', whereas I had only searched for 'Ricci'. Sorry about that. I will email.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Already answered by email, but for anybody else reading this: the best solution to this problem is normally to delete and then reinstall Pleco; if that doesn't work, delete Pleco again, go into the iOS "Settings" app / "Store", tap on your email address, Sign Out, delete Pleco, power your device completely off and on again, go back to Settings / Store, log back in, re-download Pleco and the restore should then work correctly.

Mike

Already answered by email, but for anybody else reading this: the best solution to this problem is normally to delete and then reinstall Pleco; if that doesn't work, delete Pleco again, go into the iOS "Settings" app / "Store", tap on your email address, Sign Out, delete Pleco, power your device completely off and on again, go back to Settings / Store, log back in, re-download Pleco and the restore should then work correctly.

Hi

I have upgraded my iphone to IOS 7 but the purchases did not come across.
I deleted pleco, signed in and out of iTunes, switch on and off and reinstalled pleco ..
Then I just got two products stroke order diagrams and a dictionary that I had bought but I don't have the other products not even the basic character recognition.....
My original order was in 2006 but I transferred to iPhone later

Please can you help as I use the app all the time and now I am really stuck
Thanks

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
See my email reply - easy to look up since you bought originally through our own system and therefore we have a way to find your purchase record by name / email (unlike with an anonymized iTunes purchase).