Pop-out Definition question - showing both zhuyin & pinyin?

misctalk

秀才
1)Is there a way to show both the Zhuyin & Pinyin in the pop-out definition in the document reader? I have set the settings as Setting -> Language -> Mandarin -> Show Zhuyin + Pinyin. Both Zhuyin & Pinyin can be seen under the Dictionary but NOT in the pop-0ut definition. I can only see Zhuyin.

What surprises me is that enabling Cantonese works fpr BOTH Dictionary menu & pop-out definition. I mean I can see both Zhuyin & Cantonese.

As I dont use Cantonese, I would prefer having both Zhuyin & Pinyin in the Pop-out Definition.

2) How to stop Pop-out definition from constant popping when using TTS function in the document reader? There's an option for that in IOS but not in Android.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
1) Not an option at the moment - AFAIK you're the first person to request that on Android or on iOS (and on iOS the 'zhuyin + pinyin' option has been available since late 2013). But we can certainly consider it as we're overhauling the popup definition UI anyway.

2) Not an option yet either, but this one we've had a few requests for so it probably will show up in a future release. (in general we actually like the toolbar setup for TTS better on Android - much cleaner - but we do need some way to hide that bubble)

misctalk

秀才
I rechecked. I was wrong. When I set the settings to "Show Zhuyin+Pinyin "(Android) & "Show Pinyin too "(IOS), the pinyin did not show up in the Pop-Out Definition Bubble in either versions. But they are both in the Main Dictionary. It would be a nice addition if they do appear in the bubble. Thanks.