Pocket PC Sales Equaled Palm OS Sales During the First Quart

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Well we have to finish PlecoDict and our new handwriting recognizer first. And Palm OS' installed base is still far larger, plus Palm has a lower starting price point. You might also notice the mention in that article that a lot of Palm OS users are waiting for Cobalt - Microsoft just released a new version of Windows Mobile and Palm hasn't come out with a new OS in a year and a half, but Microsoft won't have another one for quite a while and Palm will in a few months.

Oh, and don't forget that Symbian OS devices outsold Palm OS and WinCE put together - Symbian is still currently #3 on our list of platforms to support, but if you want to go by pure market share numbers we're crazy not to put them ahead of Pocket PC.

To summarize: market share numbers are for our purposes virtually meaningless. But we should hopefully have a Pocket PC version out by the end of the year anyway.

Hello!

I just wanted to ask if your plans changed or when to expect the Pocket PC-Version, because I plan to buy a dictionary for my PPC and think yours is the best.

Many greetings
eleanor.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
It should still be out sometime this winter. One thing worth noting is that for licensing reasons we'll likely only be bringing the new ABC and NWP dictionaries over to PPC and not the Oxford. Other than that and some (minor) changes to the interface design the two versions will likely be pretty similar.