Pleco Reader in reverse?

llraper

I have been a Pleco fan since the Palm Pilot days and have long since quit searching for an alternative. I use Pleco almost daily - especially since the Reader function has become so robust. Reader has opened the door to reading Chinese text and building vocabulary like nothing before.

Presently I am coaching Chinese university students in the U.S. What I am looking for is software (iOS, Android, Windows or whatever) that would allow my students to load an English document into a "Reader" and allow a student to click on an unfamiliar English word and see the definition from a good Chinese-English dictionary - even better, also hear the word pronounced.

Am I having a "pipe dream", have I overlooked this ability in Pleco? (Boy, would that be embarrassing!) does such a thing exist?

I have been a Pleco fan since the Palm Pilot days and have long since quit searching for an alternative. I use Pleco almost daily - especially since the Reader function has become so robust. Reader has opened the door to reading Chinese text and building vocabulary like nothing before.

Presently I am coaching Chinese university students in the U.S. What I am looking for is software (iOS, Android, Windows or whatever) that would allow my students to load an English document into a "Reader" and allow a student to click on an unfamiliar English word and see the definition from a good Chinese-English dictionary - even better, also hear the word pronounced.

Am I having a "pipe dream", have I overlooked this ability in Pleco? (Boy, would that be embarrassing!) does such a thing exist?

Not something we support in Pleco at the moment, unfortunately.

settings > audio > enable english (only works in entries?)
+
readers look up (magnifying glass)
=
would work as rudimentary solution without the whole pop-up definition convenience.

Reader's TTS reads it with a bit of a "chinglish" accent as it seems that it can be read with only Mandarin- or Cantonese-English accents as the English only works within entries it seems.