Pleco for Android 3.1 Beta 3

Taichi

榜眼
Tap on a headword opens the popup of the headword itself rather than char-by-char.

Attachments

• tmp_Screenshot_2014-05-14-18-16-10743718682.png
    tmp_Screenshot_2014-05-14-18-16-10743718682.png
    277.8 KB · Views: 467

many

秀才
Selecting the magnifying glass from the pop-up definition when using flashcards doesn't seem to work, I just get taken to the last dictionary state, no sign of my character in the search box. Occasionally other odd things happen as in the attached.
Screenshot_2014-05-17-00-03-42.jpg

many

秀才
Also in flashcards, when I select a character to bring up the definition box and then select > the pop-up box quite often remains (similar to the above but at least the correct dictionary entry is underneath). Easy to dismiss by clicking on the background but since usually it disappears without needing to click, I guess something is not quite right? However, I can't seem to pin down when this does and doesn't happen. 4.1.1 tablet.

many

秀才
Another comment: I can't figure out how History is working. Some words that I have been looking at via a flashcards test seem to be stored under History-Reader and others under History-Cards (where I might expect to see them). I'm not actually using Reader since it crashes on this beta as is already known. BTW, I'm finding I get other crashes now and again (unfortunately without being given a chance to send a report on my system). Interrupting a flashcard session seems to be a common one, i.e. selecting New Test. However, since I am dumped to the home screen, simply selecting Pleco flashcard launcher gets me to where I want to be anyway - the crash usually but not quite always seems to end the test :)

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
@many - not sure about the popup failing to dismiss, probably some sort of timing issue: the combination of a tablet + an old Android version causing things to happen in a different order than expected. (as was the case for that reader crashing bug)

"Reader" in history lists anything that you looked up with the popup reader function, not just in the document reader screen. We think we've fixed flashcard crashes for Beta 4 but let us know if it continues giving you trouble after that.