Pleco for Android 3.1.7/8

Taichi

榜眼
Changing scorefile has no effect.

I also found that adding a new flashcard results in "flashcard failure" error.

Attachments

• IMG_20140909_013950.JPG
    IMG_20140909_013950.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 472

Taichi

榜眼
Oh I managed to fix it by first erasing the flashcard database, then restoring the backup.

Then I tried to see if I can reproduce the problem, but can't…

Miguel

状元
Hi, I have two minor issues with the flashcard system:
1-Think this one is a bug. When reviewing flashcards, if I touch one character and the popup opens, some of them have a link to other words inside (underlined pinyin, see attached file). If you touch the link, the dictionary opens but the popup keeps on the screen.
2-When reviewing flashcards, sometimes I want to change the dictionary entry, so I do it with the "plus" button. But at least in the entry of the attached files I have tried to change it but remains the main dictionary definition in further sessions. I have, in Card Text options- Remap cards to dicts: custom first

Attachments

• popup.png
    popup.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 413
  • change dictionary1.png
    change dictionary1.png
    52.9 KB · Views: 421
  • change dictionary 2.png
    change dictionary 2.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 400
  • change dictionary 3.png
    change dictionary 3.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 398
Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
@Miguel - sorry for the slow reply.

1) That does look like a bug, yes.

2) The "remap" setting will override any changes you make (since the current card definition is replaced by the remapped one when the card shows during the test) - if you want to customize card definitions during tests then I'd suggest leaving "remap" disabled.

Miguel

状元
Hi Mike, thanks for your help :). I have CC as my first dictionary option (mainly because is short and has classifiers) and PLC as my second (when I want further explanations and sentences). I'd like it to be like that in flashcards too. If I turn off remap the flashcards show the PLC definitions instead of CC. Is there any way to have customized definitions and in case there is no one make the card get the CC one? (I think this was possible in Pleco2)
And what is the use of custom first option?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sure - that would be pretty much how you configured it, custom first (= use a custom definition if there is one) and CC at the top of the remainder.

It's just that the remap overrides whatever definition is on the card, so if you change the card to use a different dictionary it'll still display with the remapped one during the test. (We should probably put up a warning about that, actually)

Miguel

状元
Then if I change the CC definition to use the PLC one (in this case this would be a custom definition, right?), why do I still get the CC definition when I have the custom first option enabled?
For example, in the pictures that I sent, with the HSK2 得 (de) I have changed the text of the flashcard to show the PLC definition but when I review the flashcards I still get the CC one. Is this the way it has to be?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sorry, no - a custom definition is one that you wrote yourself, one not attached to any dictionary.

If you want to be able to choose whatever dictionaries you like for your flashcards then you should turn off the "remap" option - the whole idea of that option is that it overrides whatever is configured on the card.

If you have some cards with blank definitions that you want to switch to using CC, you can do that through the permanent "remap" command in Edit / Batch.

Miguel

状元
Is there any way when I turn off remap and make CC my default dictionary for flashcards instead of PLC? That would solve my problem and only would have to switch to custom first in certain categories.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You can remap your existing cards as I described above - to make CC the default for new cards, go into Settings / Manage Dictionaries and drag CC to the top of the list.