Pleco Amazon App store version verify purchase screen blank

So I am trying to purchase an add-on with some coins that I have on the Amazon app store.
I click on the dollar sign to the right of the add-on. The screen that normally comes up asks if you want to buy using coins, or a credit card.
Instead my screen darkens like it usually would, but the dialog box, that gives the choice of purchase methods never displays.
I had this happen on two different phones, one a Droid Razr HD Maxx running 4.1.2 and a Nexus 6 running 6.0.1.
I had minutes before successfully made a purchase on the Droid Razr via Amazon in app purchase.

Both are running the version of Amazon App store before the Underground "upgrade" was foisted on us.
I can't update to Underground, because I saw on a few other friends phones, that all coins were wiped out when they upgraded. I still have another $10+ of coins I'd like to use.

I have already put my registration ID into the app, so after I purchase the last add-on, I won't have to worry about amazon app store anymore, since it will tie the purchase to my ID.

Has anyone else ran into this problem? I tried changing things in developer options like force GPU rendering, and turn off hardware overlays, but that didn't make the dialog box display.
Thanks to anyone who can offer help.

If a screenshot is needed, I can provide.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
No idea - to be honest we haven't been putting much effort into our Amazon app lately as our Amazon sales have dropped by about 2/3 in the last year (owing to this Underground migration, I think - seems like most of the money people were spending on our Amazon app was money Amazon gave them for free, and that's now dried up), we're not even sure if we should continue supporting Amazon at all at this point as the profit we're making from it now is just barely enough to even cover the cost in developer + accountant time of continuing to support them. (accountant time because even if we sell just 1 copy of something through Amazon we still have to break it out separately in a quarterly royalty report)

They deprecated their old version 1 In-App Purchasing API recently, but we're already on version 2, and have been for a while. Perhaps the old version of the Amazon AppStore you're using is not compatible with the newer in-app purchasing API?