PenPower Options Screen Translation-

Henry

进士
The PenPower option screen is all in chinese, of a complexity beyond my reading abilities. I asked a friend for help with this, a *partial* translation of the options.

I'll divide the screen into top, left, right.

There are two lines on the top

1.How and where to Input (Choices-None, All Screen, Keyboard?, Entry Tool)

2.Activate Switch Setup ????? (Choices-None, Search, Calender Record, Address, Photos, Notebook, Button Up, Button Down)????

There are 7 Options on the left, each with a checkbox

Common Characters
Rare Characters
Japanese
English
Numbers
Symbols
English, Numbers, Symbols *WIDE*

On the right there are three options, and Graffiti

1. Line Width (1,2,3)

2. Speed of Character recognition (1-9) (gives you more or less time between each stroke of a character)(higher # is slower)

3. Color of lines (black, rainbow!, red, blue, green)

Graffiti- As far as we can tell this is a graffiti area calibration function!?!

OK- you must press ok to save any changes.

Other-
After you have written a character you can touch that character and pull up a screen with a list of similar characters (assuming you made a mistake).

There are two boxes above the list of characters, the Left box allows you to choose wide or narrow Numbers, the Right box allows you to choose wide or narrow Symbols.

The fat arrow in the box will delete the character you just wrote, while the x in the top right will close this option screen (similar to Windows).

Other-

When moving the cursor in a text document (memopad, etc) or selecting text, you can avoid pulling up the above mentioned option area by holding the pen down for a moment rather then quickly tapping the area.

I hope this is helpful. Feel free to correct any mistakes/ add to this.

The version of PenPower we are using is 2.0, bundled with CJKOS (the Chinese version sold in China) on a Tungsten E.

Henry

Luhmann

举人
I tried downloading this and installing on my Treo, but I can't figure out how to activate it. Anyone using this on a treo? I save the settings, but there seems to be no way to turn the input on. In handdragon I used to be able to just double-tap on the screen, but the app was crashing my Treo too often, so I needed to try something else...

The answer is probably in Chinese

Did you translate the options screen with the first post in this thread? With the Help provided from jiuren you should be able to get this working automatically.

Luhmann

举人
No, I'm not an idiot.

After more investigation, the problem is that PenPower seems to assume you have a graffiti area, which the Treo doesn't. Nor does it respond to the buttons in the options. However, after fiddling long enough I finally was able to get the down arrow to respond.

I know PenPower is pre-installed on Asian Treos. I assume they are using a different version?

Also, there is a problem with the way the arrow key responds. It switches between different modes: "E (presumably English), P1, P2, and P3". Only P1 seems to work. It may be that this is because it is a demo version? In any case, there is also a problem with the selection toggle in that it doesn't step between modes easily, but often skips ahead. Making it hard to land on P1. This may be another reason why I couldn't get it to work.

After I finally got it working, I was notified that the demo expired and I had to register...