pen or not?

LaoWang

秀才
I am very close to buying a Treo 680, and as it seems that it doesn´t come with one of those electronic pens, I would happy if someone who has used the Palm can give me some advice: should I buy it as well, or is it not necessary?
If not necessary: how then to write characters?

Any other suggestions for accessories are welcome as well.

Thanks

David

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
The Treo actually includes a stylus (and a handy slot to store it in), so there's no need to purchase one separately. You can easily buy a replacement one from any number of online stores if you lose it.

As far as other accessories, with the 680 especially it might be worth investing in an extra battery - the battery life on the 680 is rather poor by Palm standards (mainly because the 680 is skinnier than any other Treo).

mihobu

秀才
Treo 680

I have a 680 and I love it! As mentioned earlier, it does come with a stylus that fits very neatly into the small form factor of the 680. However, the stylus is a bit thin and not very comfortable to use. One other thing to note about the 680 is that while it has the same resolution as other Palm devices, it is physically smaller and that takes some getting used to. Also, Graffiti is a concept that has disappeared in favor of the thumb keyboard, and not all Palm apps react as you might expect to certain keys. (For example, I cannot type "ni3" in PlecoDict and then press return/enter to get the search to execute. I actually have to touch the search icon. On balance though, I'd recommend the 680.