New TTS voices Lulu and Hui

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Wait, are you on iOS rather than Android? I assumed from the fact that you were posting in an Android thread that you'd switched to Android. "Go to dictionary" button is coming shortly on iOS (enough tricky code that we wanted to test it on Android first).

Also, is "use TTS if no recording" turned off in Settings / Audio by any chance?

Last edited:

johnh113

榜眼
Dear Mike,
I'm still on IOS - I didn't notice that it was an Android thread.

"use TTS if no recording" is turned on in Settings / Audio.
John

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm... and just to confirm, you're using our latest iOS app (3.2.4)? Which of our various audio add-ons have you installed? (check Installed tab in Add-ons if you're not sure) And how have you configured the gender / active TTS voice options in Settings / Audio?

(trying to reproduce this problem here and not having much success so far)

johnh113

榜眼
Dear Mike,

It's not a major problem for me. You don't need to fix it. I can wait for the speaker icon next to the sentence.

Here are my audio settings:
iOS app 3.2.4. iPhone 4s
Audio Pronunciation (female), Audio Pronunciation (male),
Extended Audio (female), Extended Audio (male),
Female Chinese Text-to-Speech
Volume: 10; TTS Playback speed: 80%; Preferrred gender: Alternating; Use TTS if no recording: on; Use Cantonese in popup/OCR: off;
Voice: Cycle voices; Pleco Mandarin (Female): on; Apple Mandarin (Female): on; Apple Cantonese (Female): off;
Hide example button: off; Enable English: off

John

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Still not seeing any problem even with that exact setup. Are you sure this is happening syllable by syllable? It looks like it does pause perhaps a bit longer than it should before and after the boldfaced headword, so if the only pauses are there and the rest of the audio is playing normally then it might be that that's the problem you're seeing.