Missing dictionaries?

CharonM72

秀才
I seem to recall that Pleco in the past had CC-CEDICT and LDC English-Chinese Wordlist available as free add-ons, but I no longer see either of them in the add-ons list. Did something happen to them?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
CC-CEDICT is built-in, or should be - do you see definitions tagged with "CC"? LDC is still available too, in the free section of the Add-ons tab - any chance you might have downloaded it already without realizing it?

CharonM72

秀才
Hi Mike, thanks for the reply. Now that I check again, I do see LDC in the list of installed free addons, but it is not appearing in the list of dictionaries. CC-CEDICT is not showing up either in addons or in the installed dictionaries. Neither of them appear to show up in search results.
Thanks for your help.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That's odd - where did you download Pleco from?

Anyway, I've added it back now, you may need to kill and reopen Pleco to get the catalog to reload but once you do you should see an option to download CC.

CharonM72

秀才
Ok, I see CC-CEDICT and I was able to re-download it. As for LDC, I was stupid before and didn't see it, but yes, I do have it. Thanks for re-adding CC-CEDICT, now everything looks good.