Keeping definitions of (imported) custom cards.

First of all, thank you for a wonderful app! Learning chinese has become so much easier and more fun than before I had Pleco.
(Im spreading the word!)

Ive been using flash cards in chinese-english so far, but the original meaning is sometimes lost when translating words from chinese to swedish via english.

Ive found the "convert to custom card" and typed in the swedish definitions.
Now I want to transfer a copy of my chinese-swedish custom cards (all in one category) from my iPad to my iPhone.
Ive tried the same export/import function that Ive used for my regular cards, but my swedish definitions never show up on the new device.

What am I doing wrong?

Regards,
Jenny

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
SilverLove said:
First of all, thank you for a wonderful app! Learning chinese has become so much easier and more fun than before I had Pleco.
(Im spreading the word!)

Thank you!

SilverLove said:
Ive found the "convert to custom card" and typed in the swedish definitions.
Now I want to transfer a copy of my chinese-swedish custom cards (all in one category) from my iPad to my iPhone.
Ive tried the same export/import function that Ive used for my regular cards, but my swedish definitions never show up on the new device.

What am I doing wrong?

Any chance you might have turned off the "include custom defns" option in the Export screen? Also, any chance that there might be duplicates of those cards with non-Swedish definitions on your iPhone? (in that case you'd want to change the import settings to allow duplicates)