Issue: Simple Profile-Learned words not dropping out.

taiwanjim

I have followed a topic on using Pleco to control/restrict # of unlearned cards in a test stack but I am seeing the same 4 or 5 or so cards now for every test. I've gone thru the test at least 10 or more times these last several days, yet these words have not dropped out. While I do see an occasional new word, I am thinking I should be seeing more since I have answered these same 4 or 5 words correctly in excess of "3 times in a row".

If anyone care to assist I'd appreciate. For reference, this is my setup on a Simple Profile:

Main screen: Max number of cards = 15.
Card Selection: System = "Random"," Manage Unlearned = ON, Unlearned ratio = 50% (all the default settings), Card is learned if "correct in row" "3", Limit # of unlearned = ON, to = "30" (or a reasonable total unlearned card count), prioritize by = "approx created"

The Topic: viewtopic.phpf=17&t=3599&p=29188&hilit=+learning+method+#p29188

Should I just give it a few more days, maybe these cards will drop out? I'm in no rush but I keep thinking something is wrong as the card selection/ "Card is learned if "correct in row" = 3 .

I'm wondering if the Scoring options "only change 1x per day" = "on" (in my case) should be off?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
taiwanjim said:
I have followed a topic on using Pleco to control/restrict # of unlearned cards in a test stack but I am seeing the same 4 or 5 or so cards now for every test. I've gone thru the test at least 10 or more times these last several days, yet these words have not dropped out. While I do see an occasional new word, I am thinking I should be seeing more since I have answered these same 4 or 5 words correctly in excess of "3 times in a row".

It may be that these cards are now "learned" but because you have so few "learned" cards it's still showing you them frequently in order to meet that 50% "unlearned ratio" - if you maybe increase the maximum number of cards temporarily, or lower the unlearned threshold, or raise that ratio to (say) 80%, any of those things should help increase the number of "learned" cards to mix in.