iPod Touch - battery life when running Pleco?

Petter

Hi!

I'm considering buying an iPod Touch (32 GB) to run Pleco. I use Pleco's flashcard feature quite extensively and I'm therefore curious about what iPod owners here have to say about battery life. According to Apple, the battery life when watching video is about 6 hours. Is 6 hours what’s to be expected when running Pleco flashcards too?

Regards
Petter

character

状元
I don't have a definite answer for you, but I've not seen Pleco drain the battery the way some games have.

I have a second-generation 8GB iPod Touch; after a year of heavy use its battery drains much faster in general than when new, FWIW. It's fast enough for Pleco, but I guess it can't take advantage of all the new iOS 4 features. Shame there's not a third-generation 16GB model.

Gleaves

On my ipod touch, I use pleco flashcards and listen to the audio pronunciation for each card multiple times. This eats the battery alive. It drains much faster than watching a video. I think if I didn't use the audio so extensively, the battery life would be much better.

kun4

举人
On my ipod touch, I use pleco flashcards and listen to the audio pronunciation for each card multiple times. This eats the battery alive.
I use audio extensively, and have no problem with battery life.
I found wifi to be the major battery drain. Not browsing the web doesn't help; some apps use wifi without you being aware.
The biggest improvement in battery life is when I switch "airplane mode" on (no wifi, no bluetooth).

radioman

状元
For what it is worth, I have basically taken battery life off the table in the case of my 3Gs. It's a Pisen battery and I use every so often. 5v at 500 mA.

Yeah, it's not something that I want to have to use when I exercise. But on long haul airplanes, or even at a coffee shop, if I have my backpack, I don't care. I rarely look for power outlets anymore.

This particular battery has a standard USB and a smaller. USB adapter, and it doewe not care which one is feeding power to charge it, both work.