iPhone

gandq

探花
Hi Mike!

Long time no see.

Read about the iPhone and immediately checked by to see if there were any plans in that direction. Not surprised to see you having made a pre-emptive post on this topic. Just wanted to say: booyaah! Go for it!

It might take a while, but it will definitely be worth the wait. And I don't have to think about switching to PocketPC anymore - Thanks Apple! Thanks Pleco!

Keep up the great work!

Cheers,

jo.

PS: Last summer, I passed my final examn with honors and am now doing futher studies in interpreting. And I won First Price in a translation contest last spring! In all of this your software played a key-role. Thanks again for your work and commitment!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Unfortunately, after I made that post it came out that the iPhone at least initially isn't going to support 3rd-party software development, so much though we'd like to support it we may not be able to do so. Hopefully they'll open up the platform before everyone starts making the Palm to PPC switch.

And congratulations! Good luck with your continued studies...

sfrrr

状元
mikelove said:
Unfortunately, after I made that post it came out that the iPhone at least initially isn't going to support 3rd-party software development, so much though we'd like to support it we may not be able to do so. Hopefully they'll open up the platform before everyone starts making the Palm to PPC switch.

Typical Apple behavior. That's why Macs are now a niche market.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
lmcjipo - I was just responding to gandq's comment about Pocket PC, after all the effort we've gone to getting things like SQLite and Ogg Vorbis working on Palm for Pleco 2.0 it's unlikely we'll be abandoning it anytime soon.