iPad mini question regarding HWR lookup

Hopfrog

秀才
On my iPad when I look up words with HWR, the screen is split in two halves with the HWR and character input on the bottom, and the top half suggesting possible words. On my iPhone it only displays the HWR and character unless I have transparent mode on, but that is a pain in the butt because I gotta keep tapping on/off when using HWR and wanting the suggested words.

My question is... on the iPad mini does it work like the regular iPad with the two halves, or the iPhone where you gotta on/off. Thanks in advance, this will basically decide whether I purchase the mini or not. :shock:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hopfrog said:
On my iPad when I look up words with HWR, the screen is split in two halves with the HWR and character input on the bottom, and the top half suggesting possible words. On my iPhone it only displays the HWR and character unless I have transparent mode on, but that is a pain in the butt because I gotta keep tapping on/off when using HWR and wanting the suggested words.

My question is... on the iPad mini does it work like the regular iPad with the two halves, or the iPhone where you gotta on/off. Thanks in advance, this will basically decide whether I purchase the mini or not.

It works exactly like it does on the full iPad, so you have the option of using a split screen (which you seem to have selected) or of having it take up the entire screen. In general, everything about Pleco on the Mini works the same as on a regular iPad, it doesn't even know it's running on a Mini (there isn't even a good way to get iOS to tell you that you are); the buttons etc are all a bit smaller but that's about it.