iOS 7

numble

状元
Does it change anything for Pleco?

Design? Multitasking?

I also saw that there's a bilingual Chinese-English dictionary included.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Can't say too much detail since as a developer I'm under NDA, but it's not a huge impact - we were already moving in that design direction anyway. There are some minor features that should have nice benefits for us, but a lot of them are sufficiently all-or-nothing that we'll probably wait until we drop iOS 6 support (most likely in January or thereabouts) before supporting them - we do however plan to have something that's fully visually optimized for iOS 7 out by the time that iOS 7 is, and it should have a couple of other nice OS7-specific enhancements too.

It's a great update in general, though, improvements in all sorts of areas that should benefit developers - *huge* update for games, App-Store-enabled Apple TV or not Apple has a very good chance of emerging as the real winner of this year's console races.

Not too worried about the C-E dictionary since they added a C-C one last year and it didn't seem to impact us at all - it'll just be something in their "Define" feature, and not meant for anything more than quick lookups. That being said, I'm certainly glad that we've now added robust EPUB and PDF support to our document reader since it would be unfortunate to lag behind iBooks in that regard.