HTC Touch

nanhai

Hello,

can anyone tell me about using Pleco on HTC Touch (not Pro, not Diamond, not HD, just "Touch"). I have to decide today if I want that phone or something with Symbian (I know it doen't work with Pleco, but I haven't decided yet if I want to get it).

So is the HTC model too old? What about the screen? Does it use a stick?

Thanks a lot.

nanhai

When I said stick I meant stylus. :) And does it have any kind of handwriting recognition built in at all?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
It's pretty solid, we've used them here for testing - the screen's a little small (as it is on pretty much every HTC phone before the latest generation) but the software runs fine. And yes, it uses a stylus so it's fine for writing characters, particularly with the expanded drawing area in 2.0.2.

Lurks

探花
I think buying a phone running Symbian is an eternal source of regret. It's just as clunky as WM but it has the added issue of there being bugger all software for it.

Grab one of those HTC Touches and be happy.

bwp

I endorse the low-end HTC Touches for Pleco. I use a bottom-of-the line Dopod Touch Viva -- a bit slow but stable and does the job. If I were buying now I would get the current base model of the HTC/Dopod Touch (now has a faster processor). These low-end models run TouchFlo 2D (versus 3D) which reduces processor effort. Street prices for the older Touches can be low enough to justify buying them just as PDAs.