htc touch flow 3d - select text in sms?

Erguotou!

Hi guys,
I just switched form palm to windows mobile on a htc pro 2. Have to say I really like it.
Anyway, on important application of Pleco is a little bit mafan on it - I can't select text in shorts messages directly to translate them this Pleco. It only works if I switch to the windows mobile messaging application, unfortunatly not in the nice Touch Flow messaging interface.
Somebody figured out how to do it directly?

ldolse

状元
If you touch and hold then you'll get a menu that allows you to select all, touch and hold again to copy. Alternatively go into the menu and choose 'select text' to go into text selection mode.

This is one area where HTC seems to have taken a step backwards. Older versions of touchflo could differentiate between scrolling and selecting text, which was much better than the current function IMHO.

Erguotou!

Thanks for your help.
However, I can't get it to work. It's possible using tap and hold in the windows mobile messaging application, but I can't do it in the htc touch flo messaging environment (the fancy one featuring these sliding letters). Am I doing sth wrong there or is it just not possible?

ldolse

状元
oh... I think that it can't be done in that environment. I disabled that somehow on my phone, I don't see it anymore, just the windows mobile one. I'd actually forgotten I used to see a different view.

Mao Zhou

秀才
He's right! They changed it with touchflo 2. The mark and copy no longer works the same. Still doable just a pain.