HTC DIAMOND 2 ... how much?

ross1234

Hi there just a quick question for those in the know about phone prices in China.

Ive been looking to get a new phone to run pleco on and it now looks like Ill purchase the HTC diamond 2. However I am back in the Uk for a four week Holiday and they are priced here at around 280 pounds which translates into about 3000 kuai. Is it worth purchasing the phone in the UK or waiting till I head back to China at the end of the month and buying it there?

Basically does any body know how much the HTC diamond 2 costs in China?

Cheers

Ross

chao-ren

进士
Hi there!

I've been looking to get a new phone to run pleco... looks like Ill purchase the HTC diamond 2
Probably you mean a watery product( 水货 )without the usual 1 year guarantee as opposed to the absolute pure retail version for COMPARISON, otherwise also known as a "black-market" phone. Well the price for HTC diamond 2 black-market version is around Rmb¥2000 块/元 !

You might also like to consider the SAMSUNG 三星 B7610 black-market version which has a hardware keyboard and a stylus attached. This goes for around Rmb¥2300 块/元

ross1234

Thanks for the advice Chao-ren

Ill take a look at both phones when im back next week On the web it looks like the htc is around 2000 rmb while the samsung is around 3000 rmb. i just have a quick question, Do the black market HTC,s come with Wi fi built in?

Thanks again

chao-ren

进士
Ill take a look at both phones when im back next week On the web it looks like the htc is around 2000 rmb while the samsung is around 3000 rmb. i just have a quick question, Do the black market HTC,s come with Wi fi built in?

Hi,

The phones are black-market versions which means they should have exactly the same features or functionality as the pure retail version except that you are missing the usual one year guarantee. These are definitely not (山寨)s! I am taking the information from shops I visit in Shanghai. Prices maybe slightly cheaper say further south in Guangzhou or Shenzhen. I rechecked the shop I usually buy REAL Nokia phones from, and they confirmed that both, the HTC Diamond 2 (T5353) and Samsung (B7610) comes with Wifi b/g. Unlike for Apple 3Gs, WinMos phones as far as I know, don't have to knock out the Wifi facility for the retail version sold in China. But at any rate these BM versions are probably shipped directly from Hong Kong (like all BM Nokia phones) especially the ones with English/Trad Chinese interface! :wink:

chao-ren

进士
Hi Ross,

If you are passing through HK to get back to Shanghai?, probably wiser to search for an English interface BW HTC Diamond 2 in Hong Kong than in Shanghai. Reason being the supply of English interface ones are rather scarce in Shanghai. :?

I can suggest a dealer in Hong Kong, the shop is in Mongkok(旺角), take the Exit 2 out of Mongkok Mtr underground station, walk along Nelson street, until you get to Sai Yee Street(洗衣街), turn right here, walk until you see, Golden Era Plaza (金雞廣場), shop no. 1612, just opposite Macpherson Playground (http://maps.google.com.hk/maps?f=q&...114.172282&spn=0.001129,0.002411&z=19&iwloc=A).