Get flashcards directly from a document?

yoose

探花
mikelove said:
yoose said:
ohhhh, boy do i feel silly. those arrows dont seem to go backwards though, not sure if its meant to be that way. if there is only one character selected and i press the <-| it will move the selection to the previous character but not keep the current one selected.

That actually works that way in the name of consistency - those arrows move the end of the selection, not the beginning. It would be very confusing otherwise; if tapping that arrow with the selection 1 wide extended it backwards, what would happen the next time you tapped it after that? Would it move the end of the selection or the beginning?

got it. thanks for the clarification. still learning how to use Pleco, but cant tell you how much its help me with learning mandarin dont know where i would be without it.

Paola

Get flashcards directly from a flw document?

Seph said:
I just downloaded the document viewer (which is fantastic by the way!) and am considering downloading the flashcard app, as I am currently using Flashonary for flashcards, and constantly switching between the two every time I find a new word is slightly irritating. My question then, is whether or not it is possible to add a selected word from a document, directly into my flashcards, without having to navigate back and forth between the document and the dictionary sections of Pleco?
/quote]

I want to use the flashcarDS that i created with flashonary in pleco, but the only format I can export from flashonary is fwl and i haven't find a program to convert this kind of format. Can I imported with this format to pleco.

I havent but the flashcard add-on because if it doesnt work I won´t use it.
Thank you!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Paola said:
I want to use the flashcarDS that i created with flashonary in pleco, but the only format I can export from flashonary is fwl and i haven't find a program to convert this kind of format. Can I imported with this format to pleco.

Not directly, no... but taking a quick look at a file from it on this end, it seems like the data is stored in a format called JSON, which should be relatively simple to convert to something Pleco-friendly. If you PM me with a copy of your exported flashcards we can take a look at them on this end and see if we can get them reformatted for Pleco.

Paola

Thank you! is there any email adress where I can send the document?
I tried to upload it here, but says appears is not allowed.