Flashcard's definition

Hey there,

So when I create a new flashcard it automatically selects the top definition. For example, for 台 it only shows "deck; platform; stage; terrace" when I want to use the measure word definition on this card for quizzing purposes. Is there a way to change it?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That’s odd, there should be a button above each of them - if you tap on the [+] button, tap Card Info, and tap “change dictionary entry,” is the second entry one of the ones you can change to?

That’s odd, there should be a button above each of them - if you tap on the [+] button, tap Card Info, and tap “change dictionary entry,” is the second entry one of the ones you can change to?
No, it won't allow me to choose that entry. It wants to just refer to the Noun entry 1 which is the "deck".

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sorry, I hadn’t looked at the entry but actually the measure word and “deck; platform” etc are all part of the same entry. Are you sure that text isn’t also on the card if you scroll down?

Sorry, I hadn’t looked at the entry but actually the measure word and “deck; platform” etc are all part of the same entry. Are you sure that text isn’t also on the card if you scroll down?
It's all good, I do appreciate all the help. The first image is the card and it only shows I'm assuming the most common use of the word but in this instance for a class that I'm taking I need to learn it as the measure word first. I'm trying to change the flashcard so that it only shows the measure word definition if that's possible.

Attachments

• thumbnail_c488a339-5081-46c6-983e-52f9d154e201.jpg
    thumbnail_c488a339-5081-46c6-983e-52f9d154e201.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 102
  • thumbnail_33db8df7-3940-4aed-8307-6cf7829878b7.jpg
    thumbnail_33db8df7-3940-4aed-8307-6cf7829878b7.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 120

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
For that I'm afraid the best bet would be to edit the text yourself - tap 'convert to custom card' and then cut out the bits you don't want.