Flashcard vocabulary not in correct order

Th41

举人
Hello,

we are studying the new HSK vocabulary list and learn the words in alphabetic order. So I also added them to a new flashcard list in this order.
I went for card selection fixed and ascending, but unfortunately they stll appear wildly mixed. SRS does not even give me a way to study new cards in created order if I am not missing an option.
I don't know why this is the case, maybe because the same flashcard already appears in a different category? I checked if I can create duplicates for each card via batch, but this does not seem to be the case.
Studying them alphabetically would be really important to me. Is there anything I can do?

Shun

状元
Hi,

probably some of the cards you imported for HSK already existed before that and were merged, as you say. So you could try removing the HSK category in flashcards (choosing "Remove from Category", then emptying the "Uncategorized" category if it was empty before) and re-importing it with "Duplicate entries" set to "Allow". If your HSK flashcards text file lists the vocabulary in alphabetic order, they should also be created in that order upon import. Then, of course, you choose Card Selection > System: Fixed, Sort by: created, Order: ascending.

If that still doesn't work, you could try exporting your entire flashcard database, then deleting it. In the new flashcards database, you could import only the HSK flashcards text file, then import any other categories with "Duplicate entries" set to "Allow".