Flashcard Version Conflicts Bug [iOS 8]

Breadman86

Every single time I open up Pleco on my phone, it brings up the Version Conflict notifcation saying that "Your flashcard database was modified on more than one device since it was last synced with icloud; Please select a version of the database to use." I always select the exact same version, modified September 22nd, and then everything works. Then I close the app, open it again, and the same version conflict arises, so I select the exact same version as before and everything continues as normal.

Yesterday I got on my iPad and opened pleco, then updated to the most recent flashcard version (which was the iPhone one from back in September). Now, whenever I open pleco on my iphone or iPad it brings up the exact same version conflict, only this time the most recent version is Andrew's iPad 10/5/14, 3:23pm. I select it for both iphone and ipad and everything works great. I close the apps again and open them up and have to re-select that version.

Note that no data has been lost and it consistently does sync across my devices. It's just odd/annoying that I have to select a most recent version even if it's the same one as before. When I actually DO modify something, the most recent version changes and the modifications sync across devices perfectly. But then I just have to verify the version over and over and over and over. And over. And over.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You've upgraded to iCloud Drive, right?

It sounds like the command to resolve the conflict isn't making it back to iCloud - common sort of issue the last few weeks (some combination of bugginess and capacity-scaling problems with iOS 8).

Try this: disable iCloud sync on each device, then choose the option to delete the iCloud version of your flashcard database, then re-enable sync on just one device. Does that get rid of the errors? Do they they come back if you re-enable iCloud on another device?

Breadman86

I think that worked perfectly! Thanks!

And if it means anything, I did not upgrade to iCloud Drive. I have files I need to access on iCloud across mac and iOS so I'm still waiting on the Yosemite release. But even with not upgrading to iCloud Drive, your solution worked.