Flashcard List View

Shun

状元
My suggestion may already have been implemented in the big update.

In the Flashcard List View settings, could you add "Def" (definition only) as a list layout? This list layout may look confusing, but it would be great for reviewing vocabulary quickly in the direction E-->Chinese-Pinyin. When the user wishes to review vocab before a test, this is the best way to do a quick check of all the flashcards because (s)he can then see many cards at a glance and only open those (s)he is unsure of. The setting "Head" (headword only) already allows this in the direction Chinese-->E-Pinyin.

I understand that this List View might lead to confusion for beginning users. Perhaps you could place it at the end and/or issue a warning if it is chosen? I realize it's important not to add any complexity, but you already allow a great deal of flexibility in many areas of the app, so to me this would be just one more such useful capability. Thank you!

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Reasonable idea, but we're really not considering any new features for the update that we're currently working on - we can keep it in mind for the update after that, though.

Might I add to this that it would be much more convenient if the lists were sorted from new (recently added) to old.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That one's liable to be controversial since a lot of people are trying to construct them in a particular order going through a textbook or whatever - if you want to match up against a list you have somewhere else, oldest-to-newest is best.

Fair enough. In my case though I usually find myself frantically scrolling to the bottom of my 'Uncategorized' list if I want to put recently added cards in another category.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
We may eventually add options to sort them - not just in reverse added order but also by pinyin (another popular request) - just not supported yet, and defaulting to the opposite order would be problematic.