Flashcard glitch

Solarin88

秀才
So I've encountered a really strange glitch in the Flashcards, this has never happened to me before and at first I thought I was just doing something wrong. I have a category split into 2 categories, whenever I try to test myself on that category, the amount of cards Pleco tests me on is a lot less than it should be. Let me show the numbers

Total number of cards in this category: 268, when I test myself on it, it says 107 (upper bar in the test screen)
Number in first subcategory: 170, test says 104
2nd sub category: 98, test says 98

I transferred this deck to the iPad and it works somewhat fine, it tests me on ALMOST all the cards, somehow there are still 3 missing, the total it gives me is 265.

All my other flashcard categories work fine, it's just this one, weird eh?

What may have messed this up is that, before, I split sub category one into 2 more subcategories and then I changed it back to all be in the same subcategory. But, that wouldn't make sense since I have since made a new category + 2 new subcategories and transferred all the cards into there just in case the problem was with the category settings. I've also tried resetting to the default settings. Bottom line, these cards are somehow cursed! What do I do?!?! Ahhhhh.

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Couple of possibilities:

a) Some of these cards might be invalid - linked to a missing dictionary entry, for example. Check their Card Info screens to see if any are partially empty, or do a Search Cards search for "incomplete."
b) Some of these cards might not be valid for this test, if you're using a test type that forces a length limit - stroke order only works on single-character cards and fill-in-the-blanks only on cards with 4 or fewer syllables.
c) Some of these cards might have had their "force exclude" option enabled via a batch command or by tapping on the relevant button in Card Info. (check that in the Card Info "Statistics" tab)
d) These cards might be excluded by your test settings, either a card filter (disable that in Card Filters) or a limit on the number of unlearned cards (disable that in Card Selection).