Flashcard Filter

taiwanjim

I am having some issue understanding how the "Record Filter" worked. Thought it was cut and dry and just plug in a number that would be greater or less or equal to that value but it's not working.

I wish to graduate cards from my "Review" profile to my "Character" profile. For the "Review" profile I have the following settings:

Basic Settings: Max 100, Card Cat "1" (the same folder as the other profile), Test type "Review Only", Under Test Settings, Subject Selection "Simple", the rest are default.

More Settings>Command>End of session>Save session "never save" (i've tried them all)
Card Selection>System "Random", Manage unlearned "off".
Card is learned if score>= 200, Limit# of unlearned "off".
Scoring>Scorefile "default", Scoring system "none" (I've tried them all.) And while writing this, I created another scorefile for "review" but this didn't help.

The other profile is set to show characters.

"Character" profile

Basic Settings: Max # 100, Cat 1, Test type "Self-graded", Show "Characters". Test Settings: Subject selection "Simple", the rest on the page are defaults.

Under More settings Commands: Save Session "never save", Repeat incorrect "off", Show statistic "off".
Buttons default
Display: all default
Card Selection: System "Random", Manage Unlearned "off", Learned Cards: Score>=200, LImit # of unlearned "on" to "15". Prioritize by "approx created".

Scoring: Scorefile was created specificly for this "Character" study profile. Scoring system "Stats only".

Is it something to do with the 2nd profile? I thought I'd ask here, before I "reset" all the setting I've made.

If I can't get this to work, I'll have to sort out another way to this. Course something much closer to the tutorial as the less tweeking I do the better.

taiwanjim

Gato, thanks for looking and asking follow up.

I want my cards to "graduate" from one profile to the next. In the first profile all I do is review the words. My plan was once they've been reviwed at least once, I would be able to see them in my 2nd profile which is set up for "self-graded" testing. That isn't happening with the setting I've shown. When I review, none of the cards I've reviewed in the 1st "Review" profile are visible from the 2nd profile called "Characters".

It possible I totally don't understand how this is suppose to work.

taiwanjim

Well, I'm starting to see the error in my logic. I was thinking I could use the "Record" filter to pass words to it from my other profile using the testing option "Review". I thought the act of review would increment a bit somewhere in program other than the time/date thing. I missed the bit in the manual about no scorefile for the "Review" test type. My bad.

It's trial and error thing with me. I'm learning. I'll have to rethink this. Certainly, if all the categories are populated with words and such and I'm not going to add more to them, then I can just use all the custom profiles I want and just select each category on a one-to-one basis. Eventually after passing all the tests, I'll need to sort out a filter by then for graduating these cards into an SRS study profile. At least that seems to be the way to go from what I've been reading here on these forums.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
taiwanjim said:
Well, I'm starting to see the error in my logic. I was thinking I could use the "Record" filter to pass words to it from my other profile using the testing option "Review". I thought the act of review would increment a bit somewhere in program other than the time/date thing. I missed the bit in the manual about no scorefile for the "Review" test type. My bad.

This actually should work, the problem is that you set "scoring system" to "none" - if it's set to that (rather than Stats Only) then there won't be any record of the fact that you reviewed the card. So just change the scoring system and your card-graduating plan should work correctly.

taiwanjim

I tried it (setting scoring system to "stats only) again, sure enough it worked. I suspect I had something off on the other profile or other, got them confused. Whichever, it works now.

Mike, thanks for all your help these last few day as I get up and running with this.