Flash cards and sound, pics, etc

pengyou

I have read the manual and it says that Pleco will let me make my own flashcards. Will it let me include sound and graphics as well? Is there a feature with Pleco that will let me keep track of every work that I look up in a day? I will want to use this as input for a future lesson.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
pengyou said:
I have read the manual and it says that Pleco will let me make my own flashcards. Will it let me include sound and graphics as well?

No way to embed your own sound and graphics at the moment - to be honest, it wouldn't be that difficult but we'd rather not commit to a particular scheme for doing it until we've got a solution for inter-device flashcard sync that we're happy with (since hundreds of MBs of potential images / audio recordings could greatly impact that). Our flashcard system is fully integrated with our audio playback (both pre-recorded and synthetic) systems, though, so if you've got any of those installed you can hear audio for flashcards through them.

pengyou said:
Is there a feature with Pleco that will let me keep track of every work that I look up in a day? I will want to use this as input for a future lesson.

The history screen (accessible from the main menu) can be configured to show dates (Settings / Dictionary / Main screen interface / Show history times) - it doesn't have an unlimited capacity, so eventually a word that you haven't looked up for a while will disappear from it, but if you'd like to go in at the end of the day and make flashcards from all of the words that you looked up that day it should suffice for that at least.