File Reader: can't select text in txt files

avocadeau

Hello, I seem to be encountering an issue where I can't select text by long-pressing on the characters in the file reader. This prevents me from copying or sharing the text with other applications. Oddly enough, I don't face this problem when using the clip reader or reading epub files, it only happens with txt.

Any suggestions or ideas on how to resolve this issue?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You can select a longer range of text with the Pleco reader bubble by long pressing the |-> button, and then use the copy command in that to copy the text. But we don't currently support drag selection in that large text file reader control. (basically, it's our own private text view - designed to wrap large files very efficiently - and we didn't bother to implement it)

avocadeau

Thank you for your response. I guess then the fastest way to share some of the text with another app is to copy it with the copy button and paste it elsewhere. I'm thinking for example about copying a sentence and passing it to Google Translate, as it is now it's a bit cumbersome and it would be handy to have a "share" button. If it is not currently possible I will do otherwise.