Fairly cheap Palms

djwebb

I managed to spill 金银花露over my Palm TX, which is currently not functional at all, and the local computer place is investigating whether they can repair it (I have left it with them for a few days), but maybe Palm is the only one who can repair it for a huge price?

Anyway, I have bought a new one: the cheapest in China I could find was 1950 yuan on alibaba.com. Actually I could have got one form gizmos2go for $175 that had been used for 2 weeks as a demo model, but I could find no contact address for them, and so because I couldn't send them a PDF address label with Chinese characters on, and because Kunming post office is unhelpful enough to send back any parcels written ini English, I couldn't order theirs...

I thought someone might benefit fromt he Alibaba info. I have the contact details of the lady with the Palms for this price. Are any cheaper ones (new ones, that is) available?

djwebb

I have installed Plecodict on my new Palm. And I downloaded plecounlock or whatever it is called. But funnily enough, I don't seem to need it. It seems to work just fine already, because I did a hotsynch under my old user name. Is this as expected?

lmcjipo

榜眼
It should work right away (at least it did for me when I received my refurbished Treo 650 to replace an existing Treo 650 that went bad a few weeks ago).

I performed a hotsynch of the "new" refurbished Treo 650 on my laptop and all the programs (including PlecoDict) installed automatically after I specified that I wanted to use the same hotsynch ID as already on my laptop.

djwebb

Yes it worked right away on the new one. And the old one - well I had it repaired for 80 yuan without sending it to Palm. i am sure this invalidates the guarantee, but it works now, although you can see some watery blotches beneath the screen. but it is usable. It uses the battery a bit faster than it should, and cannot perform Hot Synch's - I had to hotsynch with the new Palm to put everything I needed on to the SD card, and then I put that SD card in the old one, and it works fine... So a Chinese friend has asked for the old one, and I will give it to him.