Export/import Flashcards

Xie Li

秀才
I have upgraded to a new tablet and I want to move my flashcards from the old tablet to the new one.

Do I export them to a USB drive and them import them from this drive.?

Or have got the entirely wrong idea about how it works?

Any help greatly appreciated.

HW60

状元
With Import / Export, Backup Database, you make a copy of your flashcards on your old device. Then with Import / Export, Restore Database, you install the flashcards on your new tablet. In between you have to move the the file copy from the old to the new device, e.g. old device -> computer (or usb drive or cloud) - > new device.

Xie Li

秀才
How do I get the database on to the USB drive? I don't seem to be able to navigate to a different place to save the database to, it just wants to go to the default file on the internal SD card.

Can I take the SD card out of the old tablet and restore from there? I would put it in an adapter and it would appear as a USB drive.

Shun

状元
You can save the database backup in the suggested location, remember its file name, and search for it in your Android file manager. Then copy it to the USB drive or whatever SD card you have and copy it from there onto the new tablet, then tap Restore.

Last edited:

Xie Li

秀才
Ah ok I understand now, thank you Shun and HW60. I think I will manage to do it now. if not I will be back:)