English OS or Chinese OS ?

mrbung1e

hi, I'm currently looking at getting a pda phone. I want to be able to use Pleco, and read/write English and Chinese text messages. The phone I am considering is the HTC Touch.

I understand that in order to write Chinese on the English OS version I would need to install some extra things, does this then function as well as it would do on a Chinese OS version?
If I got a Chinese OS version could I set the system language to English, and switch between English and Chinese for texting?
What is the best choice if you want to use both languages but want the system language in English?

Are there any other models I should look at? I want to spend around £200 / 2700RMB. If I buy it soon I can buy it in England, or in HK next week, or Guangzhou after that, whatever is best.

renovator

榜眼
I have the HTC touch diamond. Awesome smartphone. You just need to add CE-Star to write Chinese. English OS is fine and you can set your regional settings to English or Chinese depending if you want to see everything on your phone in English or Chinese after you install CE-Star. CE-Star comes as part of the free package with some, but not all of the delivered touch diamond phones. If you need to buy it now costs $43.50. The only version that works well on this mobile is CE-Star 2.8 R3c for WM5/6 and you can get it at http://www.mobem.com/