dumb questions i know, but..

tuvia

举人
i am incredibly tech illiterate! i want to buy the palm handheld mainly for the purpose of using pleco dict. my questions are is the cheapest model (which i think is the z22) sufficient with additional memory, and also how much additional memory must i buy?

regarding the pleco dict, if i buy the cheapest option of pleco dict, does that have the same flashcard system as the more expensive choices?

thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
There's no way to add additional memory to the Z22, unfortunately, and it doesn't have enough built-in to run anything but PlecoDict Basic, so if you want to run the Professional or Complete version you'll need to buy a different Palm (the Zire 31 and Tungsten E2 are two cheap models worth looking into - the 31 costs the same as the Z22 if you can find it, but unlike the Z22 it does support a memory expansion slot).

The Z22 should run the Basic version perfectly well, though, as long as you install the (free) TX bug-fix (see http://www.plecoforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=409 for a link for that).

And yes, the Basic version does indeed include the same flashcard system as the more expensive versions.