Digitizer defects of Palm handhelds

Nob

秀才
One year ago I spent around 100 Dollars buying a second-hand Tungsten E2 for using Plecodict. Since around 3 months I have serious problems with a non-linear digitizer defect. Means there is a considerable offset between the point I tap on and the point which my Palm thinks I am tapping on. the offset is non-linear means the direction and size of the offset varies depending on the position. After some research I found out that quite a lot of people having this trouble with different kinds of Palm handhelds sooner or later. A repair costs almost as much as buying a new one. Since I am a student and my financial abilities are limited I feel a bit frustrated because of the waste of money. :x What can you suggest me? Switching to other brands in future?

Thanks for your tips.
Nob

Nob

秀才
Thanks gato for the nice tips. Unfortunately Digifix can only fix linear calibration problems. That means if the offset is constant. My offset is variable and hence there is no software workaround.

Nob

秀才
Thank you very much for the link. I will have a try. I hope I can try it without buying the full version. In two weeks I will answer. 8)